Can't route an Audiobus source to two tracks at the same tim

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dwarman

Can't route an Audiobus source to two tracks at the same tim

Post by dwarman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:17 pm

I need to send each synth to both Main and Sub 1, so I can by tappng the mute button(s) on my nanoKONTROL switch between them. I'm using Sub 1 to feed my personal monitor and Main is the room mix. But since the last round of updates Auria won't let me select two input channels for the same Audiobus source.

Thanks

David Warman

dwarman

Re: Can't route an Audiobus source to two tracks at the same

Post by dwarman » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:35 am

Is this being addressed in 1.152, currently in review? Somehow I remember doing it OK a couple of months ago. But today with 1.151 no dice.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:45 am

I don't recall changing anything in the input matrix for the past year. Are you sure you were able to assign an audiobus input to more than one track?

With Audiobus 2.0, I believe you can create a patch that sends the same instrument to two separate inputs in Auria. The current update will fix issues related to receiving more than one stream from Audiobus.

Rim

dwarman

Post by dwarman » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:18 am

Well, Audiobus will not allow the same source to appear in more than one Input slot either. Is it a Core Audio limitation?AFAIK there is no App that can split an i ncoming stream into two outgoing streams that can be fed back to two other Input slots. I guess I'm left to solve my problem using an Aux in pfl mode (so I can mute the Main feed) but it is expensive and not ideal. Feeding two channels and ganging their faders is preferred. Oh well. Thanks for your clarification, too bad the suggestion won't work.

btw, while testing this, I kept losinhg Auria from the Audiobus output list. iOS 7.1.2, Audiobus 2.1.5.