Recording Jam Up wet signal

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

starfugger
Expert

Recording Jam Up wet signal

Post by starfugger » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:28 am

Hi i just got jam up ladt night. Yow do i record the effected guitar without recording the dry signal? Is there a way to do that. It's ratger unnecessary to tax the machine's cpu and memory when we find a sound we can commit to.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Recording Jam Up wet signal

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:47 am

Probably the best thing to do is simply freeze the track. Press the Fx button on the track, then press the button that looks like a snowflake. This will freeze the track, so no more CPU and memory is used on that track.

Rim

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:20 pm

I see. Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe a future update for auria could include bus inputs for tracks (with autimatic delay compensation). Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:12 am

Hmm. Not sure what you mean by bus inputs. Maybe I misunderstood your original question. Auria supports up to 24 inputs, and you can assign them very flexibly using the input matrix.

Rim

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:13 am

Hi Rim, sorry if i was unclear. I meant software inputs, so that track 2 can input and record signal from from track 1's output.

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:33 am

If you have the standalone Jamup you can record it to auria through audiobus. The latest sonic touch episode also shows that IAA can record both dry and wet signals to separate tracks (cool, I haven't tried yet that way but I will). However, more flexible internal routing would be very welcomed in auria. As iPads get more powerful I'm sure more will be possible. There is a huge difference running auria on my ipad air as opposed to my old ipad2. Very smooth now.

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:55 am

Thank mrufino1. Does that mean i made a mistake choosing the jamup plugin? I was mulling over the difference and the better choice before clicking on the buy button. It seems to me that the standalone has more features for the same price, am i correct? Do you prefer it over the plug in version. And while we're on the topic of amp sims, which is the best sounding out there for airia?

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't have the plugin, so I can't speak to how it performs in auria. I have the standalone version and I use it the way I described. Bias is amazing, and can export the amps to jamup. I gravitated to jamup initially because I'm a bassist and they had some models meant for bass. I saw that ampkit also has bass amp models now, but I don't feel compelled to get another amp sim.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:54 pm

I'm with mrufino1 on using Jam-up for bass.

As far as amp sims go, I've found that some of the very short convolution reverbs work very well at sculpting guitar and bass amp tones.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)