What Midi Controller to buy that works well with Auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Marvin

What Midi Controller to buy that works well with Auria?

Post by Marvin » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:33 am

Hi, I use Auria Pro and very comfortable with recording audio and basic midi notes from an older Roland mother keyboard. My setup has no external sound generation - H/W or S/W. Sounds are all Auria App based, synths and Drumperfect.

My question is can I use something like Launchpad/Push 2 etc (that seem to lean heavily toward use in Ableton) as a useful MIDI controller for Auria, allowing me to play finger drums and maybe some keyboard parts using the the Auria Apps/synths/Drum Perferct etc. WHAT WILL WORK???

As tech has moved on wondering if option 2 might be a new all singing midi keyboard with pads included (e.g. Arturia KeyLab MkII) and then I can cover all bases so to speak. Basically I've just not got the confidence to make what could be a bad purchase as relatively inexperience in MIDI.

If above is a goer what is the best option and will I need or be aided by Audiobus and or AUM software?

I was getting excited about Maschine but it seems that this would not be compatible with Apple products and might be more than I need - the advantage of Maschine is the sound packs and expansions but feels like a kind of Auria replacement.
Help appreciated. Thanks Martin

Marvin

Re: What Midi Controller to buy that works well with Auria?

Post by Marvin » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:07 am

As no traction on this original question maybe a more refined question for Auria experts.

Is Auria compatible with Arturia KeyLab MKIII or as least - will the main functions of the keyboard be supported? It supports the Mackie MCU and HUI protocols? I appreciate to get full functionality of the KeyLab I will need to hook into a laptop for Ableton lite etc. Any feedback/experiences appreciated. Thanks :)