ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri May 28, 2021 11:23 pm

Alamano wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:23 am
No
perhaps you can zip up a copy of your project and upload it where others can try it?

NoiseHorse
Expert

Post by NoiseHorse » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:10 am

So I have a audio recording question:
When I record my acoustic guitar plugged into my interface (Motu M2) or Vocals, I consistently get a much cleaner and more detailed sound using Auria than any other DAW on my iPad Air 4.
I have frequently tried to record the exact same guitar playing on Auria, Cubasis 3, n-Track studio and Audio Evolution using no effects, and Auria consistently shows more detail and clarity.
What is the magic that makes this happen? I use 24 bit inputs on all DAWs and it’s same guitar plugged in with same levels recorded one DAW after another consecutively. I really don’t think I magically play better when it’s Auria, because I can more clearly hear my mistakes when recording on Auria.
It’s true Auria has the best features available on any iOS DAW, others are catching up. But I use it for clarity, I just don’t know why it’s so great sounding???

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:10 pm

NoiseHorse wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:10 am
So I have a audio recording question:
When I record my acoustic guitar plugged into my interface (Motu M2) or Vocals, I consistently get a much cleaner and more detailed sound using Auria than any other DAW on my iPad Air 4.
I have frequently tried to record the exact same guitar playing on Auria, Cubasis 3, n-Track studio and Audio Evolution using no effects, and Auria consistently shows more detail and clarity.
What is the magic that makes this happen? I use 24 bit inputs on all DAWs and it’s same guitar plugged in with same levels recorded one DAW after another consecutively. I really don’t think I magically play better when it’s Auria, because I can more clearly hear my mistakes when recording on Auria.
It’s true Auria has the best features available on any iOS DAW, others are catching up. But I use it for clarity, I just don’t know why it’s so great sounding???
Are you sure that the recorded file itself actually sounds different? To see if it really is the recording, take the raw audio you recorded in Cubasis and Auria -- normalize them with the same app. Load the resulting audio files into the same host with identical settings and do a blind A/B.