Version 2.32 released

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tovokas
Expert

Re: Version 2.32 released

Post by Tovokas » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:47 pm

Every so often I get back into producing music on my iPad in a huge way because I find I’m simply more productive there with the reduced choices I have. (Though that’s changing with the continued growth of truly amazing tools on the platform…) After a while back on the iPad, however, I realize (for what must be the 50th time) that virtually no tools support a tempo track… except Auria.

At one point years ago Auria was my #1 tool, but I eventually moved on because of the crashes. But hope springs eternal, and I recently fired Auria up again to see if updates have improved things… Now it’s not that the keyboard-icon auto crash is that big of deal in an of itself, it’s that the update was posted on May 25th, and despite almost immediate posts mentioning the issue, it’s now 2 weeks on without even a mention that the issue has been acknowledged.

Committing (or recommitting) to a DAW is a major step, and I just don’t see how I can do that when Auria, despite being an almost supernaturally cool tool created by one man, is quite clearly now a tool that for economic reasons can only fill up a small portion of one man’s calendar. A part of me hates letting Cubasis win (and again, it doesn’t have a tempo track), but AUM and Loopy Pro and Drambo are more than capable of scratching my ‘indy one man audio tools’ itch, but for my DAW I need something I know will be supported and “ios-current” well into the future. And I’m just not confident that Auria really falls into that category any more. Are there reasons to be more hopeful?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:27 am

Hey guys, I just fixed this, sorry for the trouble. I'll be submitting it to Apple in a few moments.

Rim

ReflectiveHaze

Post by ReflectiveHaze » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:43 am

Thanks Rim for fixing.
Any chance you can leave a comment on this one or my thread about future of Auria? We all seem concerned about it.
Thank you!

Gratouilli

Post by Gratouilli » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:44 am

Rim wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:27 am
Hey guys, I just fixed this, sorry for the trouble. I'll be submitting it to Apple in a few moments.

Rim
Thanks 👍🏻🙏🏻😁

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:44 am

I'm still actively working on Auria, just not full time (need to pay bills ;). This update should be out shortly.

Rim

ReflectiveHaze

Post by ReflectiveHaze » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:28 am

Rim wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:44 am
I'm still actively working on Auria, just not full time (need to pay bills ;). This update should be out shortly.

Rim
Understood, and thank you! I hope all is well and Auria is kept going. I use it everyday for music :)

RidiculocitY

Post by RidiculocitY » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:39 am

Really P*ssed off. Ive been working on a project on my live stream How to App on iOS for the past few weeks publicly and now today I go to open my project and it just crashes to home screen. Are you serious. Great update!! What’s the point of me telling people this app has value???
Do What Makes You Happy!
DreadCircus - Non Conformist CD - Coming 2019
https://jadestarr.com.au

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:05 am

Rim,

Is there anything that can convince you to look into the many reports of frequent crashes on launch that some people consistently run into. It seems like since you don’t personally experience them that they aren’t worth your time or effort.

I know that many have tried to contact you and reported issues and never heard back from you. When such problems get reported here, they either get no response or end with “it does not happen for me” rather than any apparent investigation to find the source of the problem.

It may also be that the built in system for reporting crash details doesn’t work. You recently said you hadn’t received any reports and there are people over on Audiobus Forum lamenting about their crash on launch problems.