What’s going on??

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Post Reply
Rim
Site Admin
Posts: 8457
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:08 pm

Re: What’s going on??

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:50 am

Hi,

Although the pace of updates has been slow, Auria is not abandoned by any means. I've been compiling a list of fixes for the next update and should be starting that in the next few weeks.

Rim

ToadMeister
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:21 am

Re: What’s going on??

Post by ToadMeister » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:14 am

I appreciate the question. It is obvious the project has cooled to a crawl. I have wondered myself about the status of development and upgrades. I truly hope it does begin to gain life again but I remain skeptical. Thank for inquiring about the status of Auria.

NoiseHorse
Expert
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: What’s going on??

Post by NoiseHorse » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:35 pm

We love you @Rim. We look forward to any and all updates, bug fixes, new features, or anything else you’ve got planned for us. I know Auria has been released for a while, and many people expect updates every few months to count as an up-to-date app.
It’s easy to forget that Auria has capabilities that many other regularly updated DAWs still don’t have.
My purpose for posting here is just to send positive vibes to you in your development of Auria and show my gratitude for what you have accomplished already.

BigJohn826
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:09 am

Re: What’s going on??

Post by BigJohn826 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:02 pm

Rim wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:50 am
Hi,

Although the pace of updates has been slow, Auria is not abandoned by any means. I've been compiling a list of fixes for the next update and should be starting that in the next few weeks.

Rim
This is good to know. Hopefully soon. Auria is such a great app. It was especially easy for an old Pro Tools guy like me to start using it right away. Mobile audio production is blowing up, iPads are more powerful than ever. Now is the time to corner the market.

Espiegel123
Expert
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Re: What’s going on??

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:13 am

Is there any chance that the problems with MIDI tracks when one changes the project tempo will ever be addressed?

PUMP
Expert
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:34 am

Re: What’s going on??

Post by PUMP » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:09 pm

Can we get more effect slots, on the fly punch ins and side chain in 64 bit mix mode.

C Holdz
Expert
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:40 am

Re: What’s going on??

Post by C Holdz » Fri May 13, 2022 1:54 am

Espiegel123 wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:13 am
Is there any chance that the problems with MIDI tracks when one changes the project tempo will ever be addressed?
That’s would be useful
Especially when using AU3 like DPP

BTW @espeigel123 : I bought all of the drums apps and you were right drum session is good but it’s ezdrummer compare to DPP pro. I got the rock and metal pack and use those two. Rock drum machine was disappointing and looks like spam app (300+ reviews vs DPP 14 reviews and 13 reviews for drum session which are both better apps - something weird going on with lumbeats/Richard Martinez )

I hope Auria pro gets the updates/server fixes because mine is also not working…can’t even install Lyra updates from the Auria store . It just won’t install but keeps downloading

Espiegel123
Expert
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Re: What’s going on??

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat May 14, 2022 10:10 pm

C Holdz wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 1:54 am
Espiegel123 wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:13 am
Is there any chance that the problems with MIDI tracks when one changes the project tempo will ever be addressed?
That’s would be useful
Especially when using AU3 like DPP

BTW @espeigel123 : I bought all of the drums apps and you were right drum session is good but it’s ezdrummer compare to DPP pro. I got the rock and metal pack and use those two. Rock drum machine was disappointing and looks like spam app (300+ reviews vs DPP 14 reviews and 13 reviews for drum session which are both better apps - something weird going on with lumbeats/Richard Martinez )

I hope Auria pro gets the updates/server fixes because mine is also not working…can’t even install Lyra updates from the Auria store . It just won’t install but keeps downloading
I have no reason to believe there is anything shady going on with LUMBeats apps. The developer is Luis Martinez. Audiobus is not needed to use it.

Some of the LUMBeats apps are excellent. Rock Drummer is not one of the better ones, imo. I like Soft Drummer, Funk Drummer and MidEast Drummer quite a bit. DPP is the best, but it takes time to master...and I haven't put innthe required effort. The main DPP app is not AUv3. It is an IAA app (as are the others you mentioned). There is a DPP player AUv3 that can play back sequences you create in DPP.

C Holdz
Expert
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:40 am

Re: What’s going on??

Post by C Holdz » Sun May 15, 2022 10:37 am

I agree. Mideast drummer is the best of its kind

Im simply off put by the 300+ (strange) 5 star reviews
When DPP is the best app by far and it only has 13 reviews and then drum session only has 14 …. I’m surprised to see such low numbers versus the rock drum machine

And not everything is what it seems , many developers aren’t as scrupulous as they once were perhaps or maybe apple quality control needs some enhancement but anyway

I do love DPP and drum session.I’ll try to work on the audio
Unit versus inter app audio settings on each then.
Thanks

Espiegel123
Expert
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Re: What’s going on??

Post by Espiegel123 » Sun May 15, 2022 2:13 pm

C Holdz wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 10:37 am
I agree. Mideast drummer is the best of its kind

Im simply off put by the 300+ (strange) 5 star reviews
When DPP is the best app by far and it only has 13 reviews and then drum session only has 14 …. I’m surprised to see such low numbers versus the rock drum machine

And not everything is what it seems , many developers aren’t as scrupulous as they once were perhaps or maybe apple quality control needs some enhancement but anyway

I do love DPP and drum session.I’ll try to work on the audio
Unit versus inter app audio settings on each then.
Thanks
I have never seen anything that Luis has ever done that gives me any reason to doubt his integrity. He is a liked and respected member of the the iOS music app community. What you are seeing probably reflects on the fact that his apps are quite popular. DPP is best in class but it requires a lot more work to use than the LUMBeats apps -- which is probably reflected in the sales figures.

Drum Session has no AU settings. It isn't an AU. While it is quite capable, it has more or less been abandoned. I think the developer has intended to create a new version, but it hasn't materialized.

C Holdz
Expert
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:40 am

Re: What’s going on??

Post by C Holdz » Mon May 16, 2022 4:54 pm

To each their own I guess man

I mean look at the start of this thread - OP asked and that was January

On a related note another app stole and sold my info , and now it turns out Drum Session is being abandoned when i just spoke to them and asked them why it was removed from the store for a few days, then they put it back and i bought it, and then I asked about updates/metal packs and never got any reply, probably because it is as you said

I’ll just stick with Drum Perfect Pro, so far they’ve been the best with support and the programming

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests