no way to record midi tracks simultaneously. Any help?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

endso_66

no way to record midi tracks simultaneously. Any help?

Post by endso_66 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:34 am

Hi there, I would like to ask for a piece of advice.

I'd like to create a pad made of 4 layered sounds, each sound from out a different midi track (4 tracks in total): tracks 1, 3, 4 have in the instrument slot (right above the output selection menu) a different Korg module Pro sound (AU) each.
Midi track 2 has, in the instrument slot, an interapp instrument, Animoog.

The final pad is intended as the sum of the 4 sounds and, actually, the 4 sounds play well all together. Surprisingly though, when I hit the record buttons on each midi track, I got midi recording ONLY for tracks 1, 3 and 4: track 2 (the one with the Animoog interapp instrument) records nothing (even if the sound is regurarily heard and played while playing keys. Just midi track 2 is blank, while the other contains the midi data recorded.
What I've noticed is that, despite tracks 1, 3 and 4, miditrack 2 has a peculiar color of the yellow button with the note printed on. This yellow is duller that the yellow of the AU midi tracks. And another thing I noticed is that playing the tracks, numer 2 does not light the green little note at the top-right of its knob (the others do instead)
One other peculiar thing is that the yellow-button note of the interapp instrument (Animoog) can be pressed or unpressed: the sounds still plays (this does not happen for the AU tracks)

I''ve been trying to route and re-route in several ways, even working with input/output matrixes but no way: no way to get the midi track 2 recorded together with the others.

By the way, I of course tried also to use several different interapp instruments instead of Animoog: same results

I got 2 snapshots of the scenario described above for a clearer description. Hope somebody can help me in this strange thing

Thanks a lot dudes
VF
Attachments
IMG_0004.PNG
IMG_0003.PNG

endso_66

Re: no way to record midi tracks simultaneously. Any help?

Post by endso_66 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:34 pm

Hi
Actually I've just managed to do that in one of the many attemps starting from scratch
how this happened still it's beyond my understanding but it works now
i just started a new project with 2 audio tracks then added midi tracks 1 by one up to 5 assigning each an AU or interapp or Auria instrument and all worked just fine
but nevertheless it would be good to understand why

have fun!
vf