iOS updates, connectivity issues

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Carlos salazar

iOS updates, connectivity issues

Post by Carlos salazar » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:32 pm

Anybody having issues with the new iOS updates and the focusrite 18i20?
I’m using auria pro on an older iPad Pro and I’m having to close it and reopen it 10 times to get audio signal and half the time my transport controls wont work.

bjacquot

Re: iOS updates, connectivity issues

Post by bjacquot » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:26 am

I've always had troubles.

My typical workflow is to record in the studio (with an Antelope Orion or Symetrix Radius over USB), then to take my iPad around, and exit/mix on headphones, return to studio for final mix.

It seems like Auria has become worse about recognizing the USB interfaces after working standalone for a while. It used to take an attempt or two, plugging and unplugging. Now it takes MANY. Auria won't play after the interface is connected (press play nothing happens), or it'll crash (exit the app), or even reboot the iPad completely. This is all with the plain "camera connection kit" adapter.

Is there a recommended sequence for intializing things? Plug in interface, then start Auria? Start Auria, then attach interface? It doesn't seem to make much difference.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:24 am

bjacquot wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:26 am
I've always had troubles.

My typical workflow is to record in the studio (with an Antelope Orion or Symetrix Radius over USB), then to take my iPad around, and exit/mix on headphones, return to studio for final mix.

It seems like Auria has become worse about recognizing the USB interfaces after working standalone for a while. It used to take an attempt or two, plugging and unplugging. Now it takes MANY. Auria won't play after the interface is connected (press play nothing happens), or it'll crash (exit the app), or even reboot the iPad completely. This is all with the plain "camera connection kit" adapter.

Is there a recommended sequence for intializing things? Plug in interface, then start Auria? Start Auria, then attach interface? It doesn't seem to make much difference.
This sounds like the OS and not Auria (given how iOS driver loading works). I tend to connect my interface when a non-audio app is front most. If the interface face isn't seen, I unplug the interface and power cycle the iPad and plug in the interface.

playinmyblues

Post by playinmyblues » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:38 am

While following the tutorial on LinkedIn Learning (used to be Lynda.com) I had a problem where I imported a sample. I pressed play and the song would not play. It is the only sound as it is a new project.

I closed all the other apps and went back to Auria Pro and it played automatically. I press play and it works now. I do not know if it was one specific app that was causing the problem.