help in editing audio track with punch-ins

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

endso_66

help in editing audio track with punch-ins

Post by endso_66 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:09 am

Hi All,
This is about a substantial problem I have met editing audio tracks with punch-ins in Auria.
Here is the example: I have a main audio track recorded, on which several short punch-ins have been recorded too. Punch-ins are well visible above the underlying main audio track.
My trouble starts when I start editing this track: I put the cursor at the edge just where the main track and the punch-in meet (I edit tracks from left to right as I guess many of us do), use the split function, the track is splitted BUT the main track which before was UNDER the punch-ins, out of the blue pops up covering the punch-ins recorded from the cursor point to the right, for the length of the whole track. Of course this is a problem since the punch-in is the piece of audio I want to keep. But if those are covered by the underlying main track, I am unable to “see” where the punch-ins occurred later in the timeline and therefore I might lose those as I go ahead with the editing. I could not find a function with “send to back” or “move forward” in the Auria menu and I do not know how to overcome the problem.
Of course it is me who’s doing something weird and stupid. Anyone can help me to solve this? Thanks a lot