Auria Pro multitrackrecording fails after start (iPad mini 6th gen 256gb and Midas MR18)

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

JorgenVersteeg

Auria Pro multitrackrecording fails after start (iPad mini 6th gen 256gb and Midas MR18)

Post by JorgenVersteeg » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:12 pm

Hi there,

I've made a 6 channel multitrack recording with my MR18 on an iPad mini 6th generation (256gb with over 100 gb free space) using Auria Pro. The usb is connected through an usb-C hub into my ipad. I've made many recordings and sometimes the recording fails halfway.

All channels were properly selected and set for recording. Recording started en when I was finish, Auria Pro shows only record channel 1 still active and the other ones stopped, while they were all recording at the beginning.

Do you know what's going wrong. I can't figure out what's triggering this.

Thanks in advance for your reply and help.

Jörgen
Attachments
IMG_0020.PNG
IMG_0021.PNG
IMG_0019.PNG

Corey W
Expert

Re: Auria Pro multitrackrecording fails after start (iPad mini 6th gen 256gb and Midas MR18)

Post by Corey W » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:05 pm

Hi Jörgen,
Do you have the Midas M Air app also installed on your iPad?
If not, ensure you do and then have 'App Background Audio Mode' enabled in Auria's settings. This way you can switch over to the M Air app during recording to check that everything is working properly on the interface end.
A few other things you can try:
-USB C cable swap
-Change you 'CoreAudio' mode in Auria's settings from 'Standard' to 'Multi-Route' (or vice versa)
-Make sure you have matching sample rates set between Auria and the MR18
-Before recording, close all apps on your iPad and perform a hard reset. This will reset the RAM on the iPad.