MIDI file changes after export

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Reid

MIDI file changes after export

Post by Reid » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:25 pm

To not waste system resources, I worked on a piano part in its own project. Once I was done, I exported a MIDI file and imported the file into my main project.

The MIDI file begins playing perfectly, but after a few bars a set of notes came too early and were played too quickly. I couldn't fix it just by splitting the MIDI file and moving some notes over.

I tested this by pasting the exported MIDI file back into the Piano Project.

Any suggestions for me? I did make an audio file, but I like to work in MIDI for my mix.

Aside from this I do love the improved MIDI functionality in the latest version of Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: MIDI file changes after export

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:16 pm

There's no need to split - if you see some notes that are too early, you just need to go into the piano roll and move them to where you want them. It's that easy.

Rim

Reid

Post by Reid » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:00 pm

I'm going to solve this by moving some notes and re-recording some others.

Still, if a MIDI file changes into something else upon export then there is an issue of some kind. Either I am doing something dumb (very possible) or there is a bug in Auria or some Auria/iOS 9.1 nonsense.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:17 pm

Most definitely, if you find a way to reproduce a bug, please send me a detailed step by step list (starting from a new project). This will really help me fix it, if it's indeed a bug.

Thanks,
Rim

Reid

Post by Reid » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:59 am

Rim,

I tried a test with a new project and the MIDI export worked flawlessly. So it had to do with my MIDI file and not Auria.

The only thing I did that was out of the ordinary is that I recorded it in pieces and joined the file.

Thanks,

Reid

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:17 pm

That would explain it - there's currently an outstanding bug having to do with join. It should get fixed in 2.04.

Rim