Vanishing audio files

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MikeH.

Vanishing audio files

Post by MikeH. » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:31 am

Hello, upon opening auria I have been profoundly alarmed to discover that the app has deleted all my audio files. I was greeted with a crash at first, all the files were in situ but then it quit. When I reopened the app all my stem were gone. Vanished. All mixer settings and master channel settings are in place, all plugins are still there, just the audio files have gone. Does anyone know how I can restore them without importing them all again? This did happen once before and I restored the track from a Dropbox backup. However, I never resolved why the app deleted the files I spent a long time working on and I have recorded new audio since then.

Many thanks,

A rather scared Mike. :(

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Vanishing audio files

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:11 am

Sorry to hear about that. This can happen if you have Auto Cleanup turned on in the settings. If this is enabled, every time you open a project it scans all the audio files in the project to see if they are still being used somewhere in the project. If they're not, it deletes them. In rare cases if your project gets corrupted, Auto Cleanup gets fooled into thinking none of the audio files are being used, so it deletes them all. Auria has several levels of protection built in to prevent Auto Cleanup from doing this if the project gets corrupted, but there's still a chance that this can happen in rare cases. The best preventative measure is to make sure to back up your projects regularly using iCloud or manually using iFunBox, etc. Or disable Auto Cleanup entirely.

Rim

MikeH.

Post by MikeH. » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:24 am

Hello Rim,

Yes, I found the threads about this. Quite dissapointed this hasn't been fixed. I restored the files from the backup accounts so it wasn't really an issue. I unfortunately had the CPU at around 75% at the time as I had bussed two vocal tracks and then split the reverb off from the dry so I could eq just the reverb. I couldn't figure out how to do this without putting a (d.cam channel) compressor on the master channel aux1 (and turning the compressor down so it wasn't doing anymore than 1-2db of compression) and using the vocal channel aux1 to control the volume of the vocals and the fader for the amount of reverb, which was inserted on the bussed channel. There is probably a more CPU efficient way to do this but I don't know what it is in Auria. Anyway, so do you know why autoclean is still a part of the app if users have to turn it off?! I've generally had a very good experience with Auria for a long time, I purchased it early on. I work for a publishing company and I use Auria for commercial releases, it's that good. I hope this gets fixed, there are more plugins I would like to buy if the app is still being supported.

Many thanks for the help. :)

MikeH.

Post by MikeH. » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:59 pm

Yeah, this just happened once again. I checked, auto cleanup in definitely not turned on. Professional systems cannot be allowed to just delete work. I would appreciate a response from the admin team.

Regards,

Mike.