Headphone mix part deux

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

wayni
Expert

Headphone mix part deux

Post by wayni » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi Rim.

I went and saved a preset in the Output Matrix called USB. In USB I set up AUX1 and AUX2 to route to the headphones @ 3 and 4 and Master to route to my USB (Line 6 Sonic Port) at 1 and 2. I have some monitors hooked into the headphone jack of it.

When I set this up everything works well. I can route headphones to Master and the speakers shut off. I can turn the monitors back on and still hear AUX output in my headphones. I can go and route each individual track to headphones and hear them correctly. I can even turn the right monitor on and the left headphone on at the same time. To my expectations the Output Matrix is working spectacularly.

Then I let my iPad go to sleep. I wake it up straight into Auria where the Output Matrix is still on the screen. My saved configuration is intact. However, when I press play nothing comes through the monitors. All output is sent to the headphones even though the Output Matrix still indicates that it should be sent otherwise. Also, if I close Output Matrix, allow the iPad to sleep, wake it up into Auria then bring up the Output Matrix my Master has reverted to 3 and 4 (headphones).

It's a simple reroute to get things back to normal but am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Headphone mix part deux

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:17 pm

No, I believe this must be something in iOS that's causing this to happen when the iPad wakes up. I'll add it to the list to investigate.

Thanks,
Rim

wayni
Expert

Post by wayni » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:15 am

Something else I just noticed, Rim...

If using IAA the Output Matrix reverts Master to the headphones whenever you switch back into Auria from the IAA app. For instance, I have AUFX:Dub on Aux2 and am monitoring its output in the headphones, Master is going to my monitors. I go into AUFX:Dub to dial in some delay for some lead parts and when I return back into Auria everything starts going into the headphones and the monitors shut down. Same problem, I'm sure.

Thanks, Rim!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:06 am

OK, thanks for the additional info.

Rim