Impulse response files missing?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dominicperry
Expert

Impulse response files missing?

Post by dominicperry » Tue May 07, 2013 6:45 am

I know this has been discussed before but I'm still confused.
I just installed Auria, as a new download, on a new iPad.
I linked it to my Apple ID and my old songs have reappeared. However the IR folder is empty. What can I do to get these back please?

Dominic

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Impulse response files missing?

Post by Rim » Tue May 07, 2013 6:57 am

Sorry about that. It's confusing because there are two ways to reinstall Auria. I recommend reinstalling Auria by repurchasing it from the app store (you won't get charged). This way, all required folders are reinstalled. Apple doesn't allow us to have iCloud backup the IR files because it's not "user generated content". So that folder doesn't get backed up. The only way to have that reappear is to reinstall Auria from scratch, and that's done by "repurchasing" it.

Rim

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Tue May 07, 2013 7:00 am

Thanks Rim. So, does that mean deleting it first? And if so, how do I make sure I don't lose all my existing projects?

Dominic

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue May 07, 2013 7:43 am

Yes, the only way to get the IR folder back is to delete it first. I recommend getting a free program for your Mac/PC called iFunBox. It'll let you access your iPad's file system, so you can copy your projects back and forth. All your projects and plugin presets are located in the Documents folder, so if you just copy the entire folder, you'll be fine.

Rim