I Had A Dream

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

I Had A Dream

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:03 pm

A couple of years ago I told my friends that soon I believed that I would close my Logic and Protools for good and record and mix my songs only on my iPad and that it would be as technical as my regular daws and that some brilliant dude was out there as we speak creating it. A year later I'm checking out the cool stuff at Namm 2012 and behold I see Auria. I nearly fainted and I was immediately hooked. I waited for it's release like a boy waiting for Santa and soon Auria came to the app store. I purchased it right away and I have been like a kid since then. Auria really changed things for me./ I now track artists at home, live, studo, outside even. I now show off all the audio and recording apps at a large retail store outlets electronic dept's across the island showing off what an iPad can do in the world of audio production and some of the most Awes I get is when I fire up Auria. I throw a few plugins into the mix and mouths drop. Sometimes they don't believe me that all that is coming from my iPad. I assure them that it really is. Funny that at night just before I go to bed I have to turn Auria on and listen to a mastered track on it and I usually say these words. "I can't believe all that great sound is coming from my iPad". There is no end to this now as I can really hear the difference in my Auria recordings and Im glad to say the they sound just like I had hoped my music would one day sound like. Auria captures my audio as it is and brings out the best of sound even from my not so expensive pre amp which is less than $500. Auria makes my studio mics glisten and adds warmth and depth to my vocals and acoustic tracks. Never sounding dull or cheap. Rich is the only words to describe Auria. Rich is how I feel when I listen to my tracks back again and again. My studio may be as small as an iPad but to me it's sound is as large as a neve or ssl. I'm proud to have been an Auria user from day one and that I have been able to help dozens of users who private me for help on a regular basis. I'm glad I can help others get the most out of this amazing app accomplishment. Thanks WAVEMACHINE LABS team for making my dream come true and for changing my music for the better which hasn't happened to me since the introduction of midi. cheers.
Last edited by Anthony Alves on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: I Had A Dream

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:01 am

Wow, what a great endorsement, I appreciate it!

Rim

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:21 am

next time please change ur font to black. its HARD to read highlighted colors. maybe im just cranky cuz its 5am here in miami beach lol

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 pm

QbAnYtO wrote:next time please change ur font to black. its HARD to read highlighted colors. maybe im just cranky cuz its 5am here in miami beach lol
Done. Just trying to add some color to the forum but yeah your right too hard to see. cheers and thanks for letting me know.
:D

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:30 pm

I agree Anthony. As soon as Auria was out I had to get it. For a long time I had been tracking on a Boss recorder and while I still have and use it (only because I have numeral projects on it converting over) and its trusty and we did a lot of great things together. I am glad to have my switch over be Auria. When I got my ipad a few months before Auria's release I had no idea the things you could do with music on it besides GarageBand which didn't really enthuse me all that much. But when I found all the synth apps and others I really seen the benefits and ipad being a permanent fixture in my "studio". Now I have an 1818 and Studio One pro. While I still track on it, I use Auria to finish it off in mixing and mastering. The plug ins are powerful and very affordable. It's ease of use is uncanny. It is amazing what Auria has done for my recordings and sound. I have never felt better about spending $50 in my whole life! Every plug in has been worth it so its been hard not to get the new ones when they come out. I was a much younger lad back when home recording was barely feasible. The best most had was a 4track tape recorder and that's what I started out on other than my karaoke machine dual deck and eq rack in between them (that was fun) Auria is a huge testament to how far and better home recording has become and available to people