Is there a dropbox export issue?

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

hselburn
Expert

Is there a dropbox export issue?

Post by hselburn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:40 am

I tried exporting to dropbox with The Rubens demo track. The mixdown appeared to work but it did not export to dropbox. Im curious if this is an issue with version 1.05 as it worked beore this update.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Is there a dropbox export issue?

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:22 am

Yes, this has been fixed in 1.06. It will actually upload in 1.05, but you just don't see the progress. So let it sit there for as long as you think it'll take, and it will upload.

Rim

Brendan

Post by Brendan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:34 pm

I think there might be a little more to it than that, I'm afraid. I find that more often than not get error messages regarding my Dropbox uploads. Stranger still, sometimes I get no error message, but the uploaded file simply never materializes in my Dropbox folder. I think this probably bears further investigation.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:13 am

Dropbox is out of our control, I'm afraid. It's not a recommended way to transfer large projects reliably. The only thing we can do as an app developer is to implement their SDK properly into Auria (which we had done until they changed it ;) Any error messages you get while uploading or downloading from DropBox come from DropBox itself, and we can't control that, unfortunately.

Rim

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:47 pm

This is not good. It worked beautifully until I upgraded to 1.05.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:32 am

1.05 did introduce one bug related to dropbox which is under our control: uploading a mixdown to dropbox. As mentioned previously, in 1.05, Auria uploads to dropbox when it's finished with the mixdown, but there's no status bar to indicate that it's doing it. So if you wait for as long as you think it should take (plus a little longer, just in case), it will complete the upload. Just make sure your iPad doesn't go to sleep (turn off auto lock) during this time.

1.06 fixed this bug.

Rim

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:13 am

Rim wrote:1.05 did introduce one bug related to dropbox which is under our control: uploading a mixdown to dropbox. As mentioned previously, in 1.05, Auria uploads to dropbox when it's finished with the mixdown, but there's no status bar to indicate that it's doing it. So if you wait for as long as you think it should take (plus a little longer, just in case), it will complete the upload. Just make sure your iPad doesn't go to sleep (turn off auto lock) during this time.

1.06 fixed this bug.

Rim
I found that out today. It does upload to Dropbox. But I never know when. My computer tells me.

Markq

Post by Markq » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:58 am

Hi
I have just purchased the full version of Auria on my ipad mini and i seem to have an issue with exporting Projects to dropbox. i have tried to mix the project Down etc but it still comes up with the same error message." There is a problem exporting to your dropbox account" The project itself is rather long. 56 minutes long. Not sure if that has anything to do with it? If i go into dropbox after the error message pops up i can see some of the project has been exported but only a very short amount say 3 mins or so. is there another way to export Projects other than to dropbox?
thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:12 am

DropBox has a limit to the size of uploads you can send. This might be the cause of the issue. Also, you might be running out of room in your dropbox account.

I recommend using iFunBox to transfer large projects off your iPad and onto your Mac or PC.

Rim

Markq

Post by Markq » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:02 pm

Thanks for the help rim:)

I have checked my dropbox and so far i have only used 30% so im not sure if that is the case? I have also tried to export to soundcloud with No success:( not sure what the problem is. Unfortunate really cause its a great daw. I have exported a similar size project made in garage band to dropbox with No problems so

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Exporting to Dropbox can run into several issues:

- Size of project or limits on your account (you've check these)
- Internet connection problems (these are very common. Make sure you have a rock solid internet connection. Bring your iPad closer the the router, etc.
- Internet issues between your iPad and the dropbox servers.

Rim

pipo79
Expert

Post by pipo79 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:02 am

Yes and when you use the front/back-slash like e.g. in a title like "13/05/23_Big_Visions" it also does not load up. There might be more signs to be avoided - I just donot use anything except letters and numbers now.

alandalton

Post by alandalton » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:39 pm

When I save a project to Dropbox, every wav file in auria gets saved even though I only want to save a 4 file project.
Is there a way to save just a specified project or even just one wav file from a project to Dropbox?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:22 pm

When you save a project to DropBox, it should only save that particular project you chose. If you're seeing multiple wav files being saved, then these are all part of that project. To save just one file, the only other option from within Auria is to create a mixdown and save it to DropBox.

Rim

alandalton

Post by alandalton » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:58 am

Thanks Rim.

If I only have 4 tracks showing how to I find and delete all the other tracks that are being saved.
I tried to save one project with only 4 tracks and about 20 tracks were saved to Dropbox.
Also it said I had an error saving to Dropbox.

Alan