New iPad, problems with buffer size.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

theconnactic
Expert

New iPad, problems with buffer size.

Post by theconnactic » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:35 am

I recently got a 9th gen iPad, iOS 16, and reinstalled Auria (then upgraded it to Auria Pro by restoring my purchases).

I tried to use Model 15 as inter-app and ran into serious sound quality issues. Curiously, as a MIDi instrument, it works just fine.

Investigating the issue, I discovered that I cannot select a proper buffer, which might be the cause of the IAA sound issues.

Every time I select a buffer, Auria Pro will state a different "currently using" value. For instance, if I select 512, it will show "512 (currently using 470)".

Tried rebooting the iPad and loading different and new projects, with or without loading any instrument. If possible, I would want to avoid a complete reinstall since the process of restoring purchases and upgrading to Auria Pro is quite cumbersome, so I'd want to do it only as a last ditch attempt to fix the issue.

Did anyone ever bump into this? Any ideas on how to fix it? @Rim,@Corey

Corey W
Expert

Re: New iPad, problems with buffer size.

Post by Corey W » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:11 pm

This is an IAA issue. It looks like version 2.2.4 introduced the AUv3 format on iOS. That should alleviate the issue for you.

theconnactic
Expert

Re: New iPad, problems with buffer size.

Post by theconnactic » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:11 pm

I solved it - the problem is newer iPads are hardwired to 48k when using internal speakers. Using an interface made the buffer issues disappear. Thank you!