The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Glen Allan

Split Screen and other iPad OS options

Post by Glen Allan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:37 pm

More file access to working from external drives.

Everything routed to keyboard shortcuts. So much more powerful to be able to use keyboard shortcuts for all kinds of tasks!

Split-view! Like seriously this would be powerful as all hell! It already does background audio anyway. Being able to bring an instance of AUM on the side while recording in Auria would be a dream setup. I use AUM to control audio routing to different external places while multitrack recording in Auria and having to switch back and forth is super annoying.

This would just be golden!
The concepts of both 'Good' and 'Evil' are merely subjective associations in relation to a conditioned reaction to pain and pleasure.

eustressor
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by eustressor » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:42 am

Hi Rim, hope you are well!

I only recently (as in yesterday) started playing w/MIDI tracks in Auria. The “Metal” kit sounds quite suitable for my needs. However, as I also own the Drumagog plugin, you can perhaps understand that I would like a simple way to break a MIDI drum track into its component stems, and then render those to audio. That way, I would have much more control over how my drum tracks sound.

In Genome, selecting the “note” on the piano roll’s piano automagically selects all instances of that “note” across an entire pattern-constructed song. Of course, MIDI song composition is much more linear in Auria Pro. I have noticed that selecting the “note” on the piano does indeed select all instances, but these selected instances are unavailable for copy and paste into another MIDI track.

Is there something I’m missing, or would enabling the tracks selected via Piano Roll to be copy and pasteable be something that could be implemented in an update? If so, count me in!

Thanks for your continued hard work supporting Auria. I do my best to evangelize about Auria’s plethora of merits as the ultimate iPad DAW whenever I see the opportunity online :D

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 pm

eustressor wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:42 am

I only recently (as in yesterday) started playing w/MIDI tracks in Auria. The “Metal” kit sounds quite suitable for my needs. However, as I also own the Drumagog plugin, you can perhaps understand that I would like a simple way to break a MIDI drum track into its component stems, and then render those to audio. That way, I would have much more control over how my drum tracks sound.

In Genome, selecting the “note” on the piano roll’s piano automagically selects all instances of that “note” across an entire pattern-constructed song. Of course, MIDI song composition is much more linear in Auria Pro. I have noticed that selecting the “note” on the piano does indeed select all instances, but these selected instances are unavailable for copy and paste into another MIDI track.

Is there something I’m missing, or would enabling the tracks selected via Piano Roll to be copy and pasteable be something that could be implemented in an update? If so, count me in!

Thanks for your continued hard work supporting Auria. I do my best to evangelize about Auria’s plethora of merits as the ultimate iPad DAW whenever I see the opportunity online :D
Hi @eustressor
It’s a little bit tricky, but it works.
Once you select the group of notes you want to copy, tap on any of the selected notes or somewhere else on the screen, and then tap again on the piano roll to reselect the group. The “Copy” option should be available now.
Tap on Copy, then open the piano roll on the destination track and simply tap on Paste.
Here’s a short video with the procedure.
Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/Elod6vQfb_0

DanteTheProducer

Post by DanteTheProducer » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:06 am

More fx slots would be great from 4 to eight I don’t think anyone needs more than 8 but sometimes I will use 8 creatively..... Having 8 on the subgroup would really be beneficial as well especially saving processing power on a big track with leads, choruses, background vocals drums etc and the ability to move the fx slots around.... One last one if we could create AUX tracks instead of the way they are set up now for more flexibility

Paolocortez

Post by Paolocortez » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:40 pm

AUDIO TO MIDI CONVERSION. THIS WOULD BE THE TOTAL GAMECHANGER. Audio to MIDI melody, Audio to MIDI HARMONY (for chord ideas from my guitar to ANY KEYBOARD PIANO SOUND) and off course, Audio to MIDI Drums. If THIS would happen here in Auria Pro, then I would have to forget my workflow in Ableton, just saying...

michaelray

Post by michaelray » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:28 pm

Mouse and keyboard features for easier workflow, external monitor/dual monitor features. iPad will eventually have MacOS/exclusive enhanced iPad OS for iPad Pro considering how fast Apples A Series SoC’s have become so I’m interested in how Auria Pro will respond to when this happens. Maybe, a more feature rich Auria Pro is already in the making thats like Harrisons MixBus?

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:57 am

That's a fine thing to wish for, but I think you're forgetting that Auria Pro is the product of a single developer... one person.

michaelray

Post by michaelray » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:01 pm

sch wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:57 am
That's a fine thing to wish for, but I think you're forgetting that Auria Pro is the product of a single developer... one person.
Its not that I forgot but rather I didn't know it was one person. Ive not used Auria Pro since around iOS 8 when I had a standard 9.7" iPad so ive been out of the forums for awhile lol. I honestly just reinstalled the app on my iPad Pro 12.9 and figured I would check the forums for any updates on rather it worth it to upgrade the newer 2018-2020 12.9" considering its redesigned A12 SoC might cause issues.

eustressor
Expert

Post by eustressor » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:18 pm

Rodolfo wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 pm
eustressor wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:42 am

Hi @eustressor
It’s a little bit tricky, but it works.
Once you select the group of notes you want to copy, tap on any of the selected notes or somewhere else on the screen, and then tap again on the piano roll to reselect the group. The “Copy” option should be available now.
Tap on Copy, then open the piano roll on the destination track and simply tap on Paste.
Here’s a short video with the procedure.
Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/Elod6vQfb_0
I really need to visit this forum more often ... Thank you, Rodolfo! ~Sean

simmosonic

GET RID OF THE SUBGROUPS!

Post by simmosonic » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:42 am

So disappointed with the new update; just downloaded it. I knew it included some things to fix bad screen redraws in some iPads that, in my case, left the Master fader invisible (disappearing off the right side of the screen). Fixed! Excellent! That left me feeling optimistic in the hope that a major screen redesign might’ve taken place. I immediately went through Preferences but could find nothing that would allow me to GET RID OF THE SUBGROUPS! I want to get rid of them because I want my screen space back.

I never use the subgroups. I know that some people/production genres need them and like to use them, but I don’t. For perspective, I worked for decades in big analogue studios on classic SSLs, Neves, Auditronics, Tridents, you name it, in every genre available, and also years of live sound on Soundcrafts, Midas, Yamahas, etc. In other words, I know what subgroups are for, so spare both of us the explanation/justification for why they are there.

The mixes I do in Auria on the road rarely have more than eight tracks. It’s simple stuff, supposed to be relatively natural and raw. Bus compression is a no-no for me apart from what can be done on the stereo master. It’s crazy that I’ve got to continually swipe past EIGHT subgroup channels that I never use just to see my eight or so channels, and swipe back again to see the master channel. The only thing I’ve ever wished for (this is the Auria Wish List, yes?) is this: GET RID OF THE SUBGROUPS!

I want my screen space back.

When I’m working on something the size of an iPad, I don’t want or need unused subgroups taking up more than half of my screen space and jammed inconveniently between my channels and the master section, therefore requiring continual left/right swiping. I just wish I could GET RID OF THE SUBGROUPS.

Without those subgroups on screen, I could see the Master section and 12 or more channels at the same time. I could see how changes in a channel affect the master levels without needing to swipe halfway or further across the screen every time to get past eight subgroups I never use. GET RID OF THE SUBGROUPS!

I understand earlier explanations that the subgroups are hardwired into Auria’s architecture and therefore difficult to remove. But they’re not hardwired into the visual display. That’s just an image that is capable of swiping left and right and re-drawing. We can hide the subgroups from the Edit display, so why not from the Mixer? I don’t care if you actually remove the subgroups from the architecture, OR add a function that allows them to be hidden if people don’t want to see them, OR add a function that allows them to be moved to the right side of the master channel so they’re not jammed in between my channels and the master taking up more than half of the screen. All I really care about is not having to swipe left and right all the time to move between my master and my channel strips. It’s not fun any more; it’s boring, tiring, and just turns me off Auria Pro altogether every time I think about it and go through the forums and see how people have been asking for this for years but the developers continually refuse to do it. I don’t think anyone cares if the subgroups are actually removed from the architecture, like previous posters I just want to hide them - and I think that is what most people who don’t use them want, too. Screen space is at a premium, and nobody wants to waste it on things they’re not using. An eyeball icon or similar at the bottom of each subgroup, allowing it to be hidden from sight, would be excellent.

I WANT MY SCREEN SPACE BACK!

- Greg ‘Disgruntled’ Simmons

P.S. I could think of nothing better than to be made a fool of here by someone pointing out that I can hide the subgroups by doing [something]. If that happened, this whole post would be worth it...

MikeSparrow
Expert

Post by MikeSparrow » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:30 pm

Is it possible to get colored track in mix window?

Trancespotter
Expert

Post by Trancespotter » Wed May 06, 2020 3:28 pm

MikeSparrow wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:30 pm
This plus have it update with whatever fader banks are selected by your hardware MIDI controller like in Logic.

MikeSparrow
Expert

Post by MikeSparrow » Thu May 07, 2020 10:00 pm

MikeSparrow wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:30 pm
It would also be great to select multiple tracks and change colour of all of them at the same time 🤩

MikeSparrow
Expert

Post by MikeSparrow » Thu May 07, 2020 10:01 pm

What about having more than one plugin open at the same time? I have just upgraded to 12.9 iPad Pro and there is more than enough space to have few of them displayed.

MikeSparrow
Expert

Post by MikeSparrow » Thu May 07, 2020 10:04 pm

What about having more than one plugin open up at the same time? I have just upgraded to 12.9 iPad Pro and there is more than enough space to have few of them displayed.