Midi In Port Routing Not Working

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mojoswifty

Midi In Port Routing Not Working

Post by mojoswifty » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:49 am

No matter what midi in port I select all midi ports are active to the track. This makes it difficult to assign different controllers to different tracks. I’m using an Iconnectivity 4+. Midi routing works perfectly in AUM and Cubasis. Please fix.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Midi In Port Routing Not Working

Post by Rim » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:51 pm

Thanks for this. I've completely re-written the MIDI input and output routing code for the upcoming update. It should work much better now.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:51 pm

Hopefully this will not affect the MCU HUI control. I take it your trying to make Aurias mixer midi controllable? Cheers

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:14 pm

It shouldn't affect any of the remote functionality, but please check this when the beta hits (most likely later today).

Thanks,
Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:20 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:51 pm
Hopefully this will not affect the MCU HUI control. I take it your trying to make Aurias mixer midi controllable? Cheers
After a testflight update, I no longer see Auria as a beta to test. May need a new certificate. Cheers.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:23 pm

The beta is in review by Apple and will hopefully be approved tomorrow or Monday.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:49 am

Ok thanks Rim. Cheers

Weston underwood

Post by Weston underwood » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:07 pm

Sorry to be a nuisance. New user here. Overall I love the software, I was amazed that I managed to get an out of memory crash with 5 instances of fab filter reverb and then I engaged my brain.

The issue I’ve got is that if I have 5 midi instruments on the go any midi keyboard (or the in app keyboard) plays all of the midi channels at once. If I select individual channels then only did channel one plays but it’s always the same channel.

I was imagining that the internal and external keyboards would be routed to the selected midi channel by default. I’ve looked at the manual and can’t see where I’m going wrong.

Is this a bug or user error?

Cheers!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:26 pm

Improved MIDI routing is being actively worked on for the upcoming update, which should be released in a few days (it's currently in beta).

Rim

Weston underwood

Post by Weston underwood » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:31 am

Great. I’ll keep an eye out. It’ll probably not help my music withdrawal on holiday as I’ll be home by then;-(

Angelitochavez

Post by Angelitochavez » Wed May 01, 2019 4:52 pm

I had exctly the same issue with Auria 2.22. I have just updated to 2.23, and the problem persists:, all midi tracks play at once, no matter what i do.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed May 01, 2019 5:06 pm

In the new version, MIDI input defaults to "All". If you only want a receive MIDI from a specific source, just select it from the list in the MIDI input selector on that track. I assume you're using a MIDI track, not an audio track?

Rim

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Wed May 01, 2019 5:34 pm

I just checked this again and it works fine for me in 2.23. The input port on MIDI tracks is set to “All” by default, but in case you don’t want to trigger a MIDI track with your MIDI controller you need to select “Off” as Input Port on that specific track, or any other Port but the controller port.

Angelitochavez

Post by Angelitochavez » Thu May 02, 2019 6:53 pm

Sorry but i dont understand. Before these issues campe up, if i was working with 3 midi tracks, the only track that would be activated was the one that was record enabled. Now all the tracks are being triggered, even when i dont record enable none of them. If i want to record just one track, all the tracks are being triggered. Hoy should i proceed? Do i have to change midi input settings every time i want to work with justo one of many midi tracks? It doesent seme very intuitive. It was good as it was before....

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:58 pm

Angelitochavez wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:53 pm
Sorry but i dont understand. Before these issues campe up, if i was working with 3 midi tracks, the only track that would be activated was the one that was record enabled. Now all the tracks are being triggered, even when i dont record enable none of them. If i want to record just one track, all the tracks are being triggered. Hoy should i proceed? Do i have to change midi input settings every time i want to work with justo one of many midi tracks? It doesent seme very intuitive. It was good as it was before....
Auria Pro has de-coupled input monitoring and record enablement. It may take a little getting used to, but it is a big improvement. Just set a track to listen to MIDI input only when you actually want it to.

Most people find it confusing at first that you have to record enable a track just to be able to hear its instrument. I think once you are used to it, you’ll like it.