Getting midi into Auria from audiobus

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cookie81
Expert

Getting midi into Auria from audiobus

Post by Cookie81 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Hi all
I have just taken the plunge and updated to Auria Pro and delving into the world of using midi keyboards etc. However I have some samples in zest on music studio that I would like to get into Auria, it doesn’t show up as an Iaa but I can arm a midi track and the usual audiobus track and record the audio and the midi data on two separate tracks,! My issue is that the midi data has no sound? I had hoped to be able to record the sound from xewton music studio into Auria via and this show up a midi data and then be bale to manipulate it using Auria tools to correct timing etc, can someone please tell me if this is possible? Like I say I’m new to the whole midi thing and have done some reading but fear I maybe making it more complicated than needs be, any help great,y appreciated.

Thanks

Cookie81
Expert

Re: Getting midi into Auria from audiobus

Post by Cookie81 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:12 am

Anyone out there who could explain the mystery of midi? I simply want to use and instrument from xewton music studio and record it into Auria Pro and then be able to manipulate the midi data and have this change the sound as I would if I was using one of the Lyra samples! Am I missing something! Surely it can’t be that complicated 😳😳

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:29 am

Currently in AudioBus 3, Auria Pro is not able to be set as an Output for MIDI, only Audio.

I don't have Xewton music studio specifically, but if you would like to record MIDI from a 3rd party app into Auria Pro, here is what you do (this is all contingent on the app being able to output MIDI, some can't):

-Open Auria Pro, create a MIDI track
-Record arm the MIDI track to hear your instrument
-Press the 'FX' button on the channel strip to open the MIDI channel settings
-Under 'Instrument', tap on 'Lyra: Stereo Grand' (default loaded instrument) to open the instrument drop down menu
-Scroll down the list to find your desired instrument (Green = AUv3 / Blue = IAA)
-If you are using an IAA app, you may not have Auria transport controls embedded in the app so you may need to switch back to Auria to record arm the track and start recording
-Record your MIDI performance data into Auria and hit Stop in the transport.
-Now you can edit the MIDI data in Auria. Keep in mind that MIDI is only data and carries no Audio on its own. You have to have an instrument set on the MIDI track in order to have audio playing.

Cookie81
Expert

Post by Cookie81 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Thanks Corey! I will give it a go this evening! And hopefully I will succeed! Midi is very new to me and is like learning a whole new language! Thanks again and I will update this thread with how I got on as I can’t be the only person who struggles with the whole midi thing!😂😂🙈

Musikman4Christ

Post by Musikman4Christ » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:58 am

Great topic!
I’m recently getting into Midi and Auria. So far so good! But wanted to say if it’s also important to set midi setup in Auria Settings? Or just leave it as default?