PreSonus Faderport 8

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

andrik

PreSonus Faderport 8

Post by andrik » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:20 am

Hi,

I use Auria pro and I have the opportunity to buy a Faderport 8 controller for a reasonable price.
I've searched this forum for some confirmation if it works well with Auria pro.

I have seen a post suggesting it 'should' work and that Presonus is testing (way back in january) but I couldn't find any post saying that it really DOES work!
So, has anybody tried it, does it work?

thanks in advance and best regards,

Andrik

Corey W
Expert

Re: PreSonus Faderport 8

Post by Corey W » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:49 am

This was PreSonus's response about the Faderport 8 last I heard from them a few months ago:

"After discussing with the product team on this, iOS was not an intended support platform for FaderPort 8. We may consider it as part of a future update. It is unsupported at this time"

andrik

Post by andrik » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:04 am

Thanks Corey,

So that's a no for now.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:43 pm

The faderport was never introduced as an Auria controller. In fact it was me who figured it out and began using it and I led many to use it today. The fact that Presonus says that its not intended for Auria that means that they have not tested things like page changes scrolling editing functions ect. I use the Mackie MCU Pro and it too doesnt do what you can fully do with a daw but it still works. I guarantee that it will control all 9 faders and will scroll to new banks of 8 and will solo mute rec engage edit view mixer view automation of faders but not the pan as that has never worked with HUI or MCU control in Auria and you may even be able to call up the FX and control them. You will have to figure it out for yourself as Auria does not supply you with a layout for any of its HUI or MCU control. Not even for the tested MCU Pro. Cheers.

amahdigital
Expert

Post by amahdigital » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello Andrik , just seen your post .just to let you know that after using the original faderport for sometime , I decided to go for the faderport8 with an iPad Pro12inch and iconnect4 Audio interface which seems to work very well together.you just have to make sure that you complete a firmware upgrade with the faderport 8 before you do anything else so that it works with Hui protocol.Been using for couple of months now for mixing and laying down tracks-with motorized faders working both ways .As Anthony mentioned -not all the functions work the same as if you had studio one Daw for example but that was my expectation before I decided to purchase, and also from the previous information and advice given from Anthony on a previous post which gave me the push to go for it.( thanks Anthony! ) .It is a compromise but I think still a good one.( check out Anthony's previous post on the mackie and faderport8 controller functions with Auria )

andrik

Post by andrik » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 am

Hi Amahdigital, I have the exact same setup: 12.9 inch ipad pro and iconnect4 audio. So it's good to hear that it works well with the faderport 8.
Thanks for the info!

and thanks to Anthony as well!

amahdigital
Expert

Post by amahdigital » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:50 pm

IMG_0041.JPG
No problem-Your Welcome!

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:59 pm

Does it work the same way without the iconnectaudio ?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:24 am

@AuriaStudio, yes the faderport 8 will work with any interface as its a usb controller and does not require any special audio or midi interface. Just plug it into a powered usb hub that also has your interface connected to it and your off and running. Cheers and Happy New Year.

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:50 pm

how well does the banking work when switching to the next 8 tracks? Ho does Auria react? Do the scribble scrips have track names or just numbers. Could uou please do a video or a detailed write up on the experience please sir. I want the faderport 16 and I dont want to drop 1000 and its just moving faders lol

Dirge59
Expert

Post by Dirge59 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:37 am

The faderport 16 when in MCU or Hui, will act as an 8 channel controller with an 8 channel extender, and while Auria will see them both, you will only be able to use 8 channels in Auria at this time.

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:17 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:06 am

Dirge59 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:37 am
The faderport 16 when in MCU or Hui, will act as an 8 channel controller with an 8 channel extender, and while Auria will see them both, you will only be able to use 8 channels in Auria at this time.
can you explain please the PreSonus–FaderPort 16 is on sale ?

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:33 am

amahdigital wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:50 pm
IMG_0041.JPGNo problem-Your Welcome!
Do the LED strips show track info like name of the track not just the number from Auria? I am wondering if i can mix just looking at the faderport.
When you bank to the next 8 does Auria give you a visual feedback on screen ?

mididrum
Expert

Post by mididrum » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:26 am

novation launch control XL is a cheaper solution , using Mackie HUI it controls AURIA ALL faders, (pan ,send effects 1/2 pressing "DEVICE" to swap multi functions adressed to only pan trimmer per channel ) it can remote solo,mute,record arm to any channel with 2,rows of switch swapped multi functions
it lacks transport remote control, no fader automation but can move by arrows to any number of Auria tracks installed
in addition it is a FULL midi controler with plenty trimmers IF sélecting in HOST the novation other PORT ID (1) Mackie control having ID PORT 2, A DREAM for IAA using Midi learn or for AUM while INSERTED into Auria (or standalone) where controlers are welcome to any target learn