Odessa?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sukEEt
Expert

Odessa?

Post by sukEEt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:51 am

How do I use Odessa by Bram Bos in Auria?

-ki
Expert

Re: Odessa?

Post by -ki » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:51 am

We‘ll have to wait until midi-generating AUv3s are supported in Auria Pro which is not a simple task to fit into the applications workflow.

Odessa AU reads midi and outputs different midi - on a new type of midi input. All other AUs only read midi from the tracks input or the tracks regions and then produce audio.

On the PC each of the DAWs has a different approach on how to integrate midi fx plugins, mostly with extra UI elements to allow the routing of FX even between midi fx.

On IOs, AUM currently uses a channel for each midi auv3, even though no audio is produced and therefore the UI elements for fader, sends etc are quite useless on that channel. But AUM will change this in an upcomming release by adding special midi auv3 UI elements.

Since i know that changeing the UI of Auria is a task that would take ‚ages‘, i propose my idea of how to integrate this new type of midi plugins into Auria Pro without big UI changes:
  • If inserted as instument on a midi track, Auria could make this new midi input available to all the other midi tracks (with instruments you want to drive by this odessa instance) in their midi input selector.
  • This midi track would not generate audio at all. The midi notes on the track or from the tracks input would be send to the odessa instance, to be used in an arp or to control it via AUv3 parameter automation CCs (when implemente in a future relese of odessa).
  • The usage would be kind-of simular to the current workflow of a midi track used to drive an insert plugin of another track via midi CCs. Such a midi track also generates no audio, but its midi output is routed to the plugin in the tracks output.
  • For odessa or other future midi AUv3s, one would get a new midi input in each midi tracks‘s input selector.
  • chaining of midi auv3 is possible be setting the midi input of an odessa track to midi input of another odessa instance.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:19 pm

Thanks, I'll have to take a look at this.

Rim

Fil Ipo
Expert

Post by Fil Ipo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:35 pm

It would be really useful to get this midi AU feature
Thanks in advance

carnbot
Expert

Post by carnbot » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:44 am

Any developments on midi sending capable AUv3 plugins in Auria Pro?
Would love to see this happen :)