Bias Amp as insert for processing on Ipad?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mpugh

Bias Amp as insert for processing on Ipad?

Post by mpugh » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:24 am

Hi All

Been searching through the forum, but haven't quite found the answer:

I've been trying to use Bias FX/AMP as an insert to do some processing on a guitar audio track (the waveform, not the live sound).

When I switch to the BIAS app, it won't effect the file, but thinks it's trying to effect the incoming mic signal instead.

I'm guessing that we're limited to only using the effect on a live signal?

Anyone managed to do this with a plug-in on Ipad?

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Bias Amp as insert for processing on Ipad?

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:36 am

Make sure you don't have the record enable button pressed on any tracks. If a track is record enabled, by default it'll have its input set the the mic (or audio interface).

Rim

mpugh

Post by mpugh » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:12 pm

Thanks very much for the quick reply and suggestion, but it didn’t make a difference. I think I’d already tried that.

It seems (after a whole evening’s experimentation and help docs) that there’s no way to process a recorded audio file with the iOS version of Bias FX or AMP. I guess they’re only set up to work on a live signal, either by mic or adapter, such as IRIG.

So, what’s happening is that the BIAS app isn’t taking a signal back from Auria to process, then return to Auria, post processed. It only acts as an insert before Auria to allow processing of the incoming live signal, to be recorded by Auria.

Unless someone knows a workaround.

Cheers

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:47 pm

On your list of FX you will see 2 Bias Amp. Only one of these two will work. This is a naming error from Positive Grid that has been around since I beta tested this app. So the one you loaded is the one thats not working so load the other one. You will know because the one that works will not turn on the record light. The one that turns the red record light on when loaded is the wrong one. I just tested and its working fine and as it should. It will apply effects to any file already recorded. I tested with Bias Amp. Cheers good luck.

mpugh

Post by mpugh » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:18 am

Awesome! I wondered why there were two (I though I'd tried them both). All the other FX inserts also show up in pairs funnily enough.

Looking forward to tying it out tonight after the trick or treating has subsided.

Many thanks for your help :D

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:07 pm

That is right. Every Positive Grid app has 2 names of the same app. I reported this error to them so many times I gave up and just worked around it. Why they can't fix this I will never know. However this Positive Grid naming error is only in Auria and no other daw. This is why they haven't fixed it. There is something about the way Auria handles their apps that creates this problem. Good luck.

mpugh

Post by mpugh » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:51 am

Worked a treat 👌

Fantastic. Thanks for your help 🍺