Importing audio files from the inbox SOLVED

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

TomD
Expert

Importing audio files from the inbox SOLVED

Post by TomD » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:01 pm

I am unable to import audio files from Auria Pro’s inbox folder. The audio files show up in the folder, but when I select them to import to an existing track or a new track, the import screen appears and Auria appears to freeze with the progress bar at zero. Midi files seem to import fine and importing audio files located in any other folder in Auria also works. Currently running v2.13 on an iPad Pro 10.5 (2017) 256 GB. I have tried exporting audio files from multiple different apps to the inbox folder and reinstalling Auria with no luck. Anyone else experiencing this issues or have any ideas? I can work around this with audio copy or the files app, but I would prefer to still be able to import from the inbox folder.
Last edited by TomD on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Importing audio files from the inbox folder

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Ya no, I can confirm that this feature is not really that well implemented right now in iOS11 and many apps in general. I think it may be a while before everyone gets all the apps to go to the new file system but it will no doubt be very useful once working correctly. Cheers

TomD
Expert

Post by TomD » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:59 am

Anthony Alves wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm
Ya no, I can confirm that this feature is not really that well implemented right now in iOS11 and many apps in general. I think it may be a while before everyone gets all the apps to go to the new file system but it will no doubt be very useful once working correctly. Cheers
Thanks for the reply. I always used the import function in Auria prior to iOS 11 to import audio files from other apps. Seems this might be a bug, but I haven’t read that anyone else is having this issue. Maybe something specific to the iPad Pro 10.5 inch, but I don’t have access to another one to verify it? Are you able to import an audio file from Auria’s menu - import file - inbox - and selecting any audio file (not Midi). AP just freezes when I try to do this for some reason.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:31 am

Yes I can import files into Auria from Aurias files but not from the new iOS11 file system. Are you having problems importing files from within Auria? is it just in a certain project or any project?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:13 am

We don't have any issues like that here either, but I will add this to my list to investigate. It might be a rare bug related to iOS11 changes.

Anthony, what sorts of problems are you having with the Files app? I've been able to add new audio files into Auria using the Files app without any problems.

Rim

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:28 am

auria doesnt allow audio from files app to drag and drop wav files

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:48 am

No, but dragging and dropping within the Files app works fine. I've dragged and dropped files from Dropbox, AudioShare and iCloud Drive with no problems. Just find a file you want in the Files app and drag it onto the Auria text on the left panel in the Files app. The easiest way is to make Auria a Favorite, so you can see it in the list all the time.

Rim

TomD
Expert

Post by TomD » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 am

My issue is specific to importing only audio files and only from the inbox folder in Auria. I can import midi from the inbox folder but not wave or m4a files. If those files are in any other folder than inbox within Auria I can import no problem. The Files app is the only way I’ve found to do this because I can place files in say presets for example and it works for me, it just adds an extra step. The issue is there with all of my projects.

This is where Auria freezes
Attachments
13BE8E54-F2C8-4C1B-9E31-70614BC626DA.png
Last edited by TomD on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:20 am

@Tom, yep I understand and sorry the thread got sidetracked a bit talking about the Files app. As I mentioned, it's on my list to look into for the next update. Looks like most users don't have this issue, but it may be a rare iOS11 related issue. I'll see if I can get it duplicated here.

Rim

TomD
Expert

Post by TomD » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:32 am

Rim wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:20 am
@Tom, yep I understand and sorry the thread got sidetracked a bit talking about the Files app. As I mentioned, it's on my list to look into for the next update. Looks like most users don't have this issue, but it may be a rare iOS11 related issue. I'll see if I can get it duplicated here.

Rim
That’s no problem. Thanks Rim, I really appreciate you guys being so responsive and willing to help!

Davida

Post by Davida » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:16 am

Hi Rim

I've been having issues with the inbox too.

When OS11 first came in it was still possible to airdrop audio from a say Voice Memo on an iphone into Auria on an ipad, very useful for mixing radio packages.

But now whether it is because of subsequent IOS11 updates or the various Auria ones imports from the inbox freeze.

If there was a way of moving audio from the inbox to somewhere else in auria that might help as a short term fix as files coming from other apps on the my ipad seem to import ok as long as they dont send into the inbox itself.

Or better still give us that update with the inbox sorted!

Cheers

David

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:12 am

This has been fixed in 2.14, which should be available sometime in the next couple of weeks. It only affects M4a files in the Inbox folder. Apple stopped allowing files to be written in the Inbox folder starting with iOS11, and since Auria converts all M4a files into WAV before importing them, it was writing the new WAV file into the same folder and that was causing issues.

Rim

Davida

Post by Davida » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:19 am

Great to hear, looking forward to that

TomD
Expert

Post by TomD » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:04 pm

Yep, 2.14 fixed this for me. Thanks Rim!