Animoog Presets Not Staying

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rickwaugh
Expert

Animoog Presets Not Staying

Post by rickwaugh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:01 pm

This is driving me crazy. I set up Animoog as IAA, being driving by a midi track in Auria. I keep losing the preset. This is not like losing the preset in Fabfilter, where it remembers the setting, just not the name of it. It’s the entire preset. It goes back to the default preset. I’ve been trying to bounce the track to another track, so I save my midi - but the second I start recording the track, it flips back to the default preset again. Is this an Auria issue, or an Animoog issue? Any thoughts?

rickwaugh
Expert

Re: Animoog Presets Not Staying

Post by rickwaugh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:16 pm

I made a copy of the track in question, and bounced it in place. As soon as I start the bounce, it flips over to another preset. Most aggravating.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:26 pm

This is unfortunately how IAAs work. Apple never implemented a way of saving an IAA's state or a preset. There's simply never been a way to do this. AUs are the way to go if you want presets and automation.

Rim

wigglelights
Expert

Post by wigglelights » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:05 pm

It kinda sounds like you may have a program change embedded in your midi track.
Double tap on your midi track, and on the "notes" drop down, see I'd Program Change is in bold text. If so, select it, and either delete any PC messages or set them to the preset you want.....

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:02 pm

All I can see is a single line, no variations on, as far as program changes go.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:04 pm

Rim wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:26 pm
This is unfortunately how IAAs work. Apple never implemented a way of saving an IAA's state or a preset. There's simply never been a way to do this. AUs are the way to go if you want presets and automation.

Rim
Rim, this is worse than that. If I have animoog in the iaa slot, and tap the settings icon to go to animoog, then tap on the preset I want, then hit play on the iaa control, it jumps to another preset before it plays.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:20 pm

Okay, looks like the control point theory is correct. I can see one control point right at the beginning, and if I don't start right at the beginning, it retains the preset. I can't seem to delete that control point, however. I tap on the garbage can, try and tap the control point, and can't get it to go. How is this supposed to work, as I'm doing what the manual says.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:22 pm

Got it. I sweeping notion like an eraser. Thanks, wigglelight, don't know how that got there.

wigglelights
Expert

Post by wigglelights » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Glad that worked!
Might depend on how the midi file was recorded - for instance I've downloaded/imported midi midi clips that have them embedded.
Perhaps an erroneous press on your keyboard?

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:48 pm

I write in Notion, then export as midi and import into Auria. I have had, and continue to have, some issues between the two. Most of it seems to be junk in the midi file created by Notion. So I'm assuming it was inserted there.

Robsi1960

Post by Robsi1960 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:25 pm

This thread was of great help for me. Thanks to all.