Something I'm missing? adding sf2 in Lyra

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

soultron

Something I'm missing? adding sf2 in Lyra

Post by soultron » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:42 pm

I upgraded to Auria Pro today and I am at a loss on how to add more sounds to Lyra.
My interface doesn't look much like the one in most the examples here but so far I have tried to use the process to add from Audioshare and not had success. This is what I am going by -

1. Copy your SFZ and the associated samples folder to AudioShare

2. In AudioShare, create a new folder. Call is Sampler Instruments

3. Go inside the Sampler Instruments folder and create another new folder called Bass (or some other category name)

4. Go back to the main list of files. Find your SFZ file, and tap on it for a few seconds until you see the menu. Select Move, and move it into your new "Bass" folder

5. Do the same thing to the SFZ samples folder (move it to the Bass folder).

6. Now long tap on the Sampler Instruments folder and choose Make Zip File

7. Then it's finished, tap on the new zip file (cancel the dialog that comes up asking if you want to open it). Then tap on the Send icon (the icon on the right with the box and arrow pointing out). Choose Auria.

jamesmar

Re: Something I'm missing? adding sf2 in Lyra

Post by jamesmar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:27 am

I am having the same problem with SFZs after updating the app last week.

I had been adding new sampler instruments to Lyra using the AudioShare method without any problems but now when you try to send the zip file to Auria from AudioShare, nothing seems to happen (usually you can see a 'decompressing files' message when it switches to Auria). I've checked in the Sampler instruments folder and they haven't come through.

I am running latest versions of Auria and AudioShare but I'm still on iOS 10 (daren't upgrade to 11 yet!)

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Something I'm missing? adding sf2 in Lyra

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:40 am

Sorry about that. It's something I discovered after releasing 2.13. It's fixed now and will make it into 2.14. It's another left over iOS11 issue.

Rim