Sample rate fix?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

asomatous

Sample rate fix?

Post by asomatous » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:43 am

Hi.
Last night I decided to have my first proper play in Auria Pro. I don't have my music gear set-up at the moment so I decided to have a play with the Secret Chiefs 3: Ishraqiyun "Musica Practica" stems (great band that should be heard). as my internet connection is slow and it was late I grabbed the MP3s to play with whilst leaving the WAV files to download over night.
So, obviously I imported 44.1kHz mp3s into Auria to convert to 44.1kHz wav files (I guess if I had made the track 96kHz it would have upsampled?). It was 3am... I thought that if I did all my editing and mixing and then replaced the WAV files with the good ones then all my edits and automation etc would still be in place. BUT, of course, now there is not a sample match. everything is in place but now the track has turned into (an admittedly pretty cool sounding) Saturn-slow sludgy doom thing :)
Is there a way I can work around this? Is there any way to change the project to 96kHz so that the files are correct? or any way to copy what has been done edit wise into a new 96kHz track.
This probably sounds stupid, I'm pretty inexperience with anything in DAWs other than straight up recording, but I really like the mix I made and would like to have it in higher quality than the MP3 roots without having so spend hours re-editing.
It has been great fun to finally play around with the app, though :) good work!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Sample rate fix?

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:47 am

It sounds to me like this is an issue with using MP3 files that are not the same sample rate as your project. Most MP3s are recorded at 44.1 ,but there are some exceptions. I suggest either importing WAV, AIF or M4a files or find some more standard MP3 files. My guess is those files are 48Khz MP3s, so you could also try creating a 48Khz session in Auria and importing them.

Rim