Purchases not restoring

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Stackfam

Purchases not restoring

Post by Stackfam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:49 am

Hi everybody
I just had a crash while trying to download a project from dropbox. I had to delete and re-download Auria. Restore Purchases is only getting my Fabfilter Pro-R back. I’ve purchased a bunch of other plug-ins. I’m getting the Download Complete message. I’ve tried closing and restarting app, rebooting iPad (Air 2, iOS 11), re-restoring purchases. I have several projects that have to get done TODAY. Help!
Stan

Stackfam

Re: Purchases not restoring

Post by Stackfam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:12 am

Update - tried to re-purchase on my my plug-ins (Pro-R) through App Store. Another thread described how I wouldn’t be charged again for previous purchases. It seems I have been. I didn’t get a message to the contrary. Should I have gotten a message that I wouldn’t be charged? Should I just go through the re-purchase process, since Restore Purchases doesn’t seem to be working?
Stan

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:14 am

Do you own Auria, Auria Pro, or Auria upgraded to Auria Pro? If you own an upgraded Auria, make sure you re-download Auria from the app store, not Auria Pro.

Assuming you have the correct version installed, you can also go into the Auria store and "re-purchase" each individual plugin. Apple won't charge you again if you already bought a particular plugin. Even if the item says "Installed", you can tap on the "Installed" text to re-purchase a plugin.

Rim

Stackfam

Post by Stackfam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:46 am

I have both versions. I am running Auria Pro. I don’t recall if I purchased it as an update or separately. Could this be an update issue? I purchased Auria 6/1/14, Auria Pro 6/29/Pro-L on 7/31/15. App Store definitely charged me 39.99 today. Other purchases include Pro-G, Micro-Warmer, Pro-Q and Pro-DS. I can’t re-buy them all.
Stan

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:43 pm

OK, that would explain it. Apple keeps track of purchases per app. So if you bought Pro-G in Auria originally, and you try to restore in Auria Pro, Apple will definitely charge you because as far as Apple is concerned, Auria and Auria Pro are separate apps. In other words, Apple has no idea you bought the same plugin in a different app.

I worked around this when I wrote Auria Pro by adding a feature in the settings page that asks Auria what purchases you own and unlocks them in Auria Pro. But as far as Apple is concerned, you only own a copy of the plugins in the app you originally bought them in.

I suggest asking Apple for a refund and then restoring your purchases in the app you originally bought them in (probably Auria).

RIm

Stackfam

Post by Stackfam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Great! I have a vague memory of doing that before. Did it again, and now all is well. Once again, thank you for your program and your continuing support of those of us using it.
Stan