Auria 96K No USB Playback

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

bobbydogmusic

Auria 96K No USB Playback

Post by bobbydogmusic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:34 am

New to this!
My set up - Audient ASP 880 - Motu LP32 - iPadPro (2015) + CCK - Auria (All software/firmware is the latest version)
My problem - no playback through CCK/USB from Auria at 96K. No movement of meters at LP32 but I can get playback at 96K through iPad internal speaker.(with CCK disconnected)
No problems with record/playback at 44.1K
No problems with recording at 96k
Can anyone help please?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Auria 96K No USB Playback

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:46 am

What audio interface are you using for audio playback as the Motu LP32 is a ADAT input splitter only and the ASP800 is ADAT output only. I believe that your problem is the SMUX format for 96k on your ADAT devices. More info is needed on how you record with this set up but most importantly how you monitor your recordings. Cheers

bobbydogmusic

Post by bobbydogmusic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Yes I thought Smux format at first but I have much experience with erratic routing at higher sample rates (previously RME AD8, Yamaha 0196V, Saffire Pro 40 etc etc) so I tried every combination of LP32 Smux routing (MOTU AVB Devices App) before I posted!!

To answer about output monitoring - I was simply using PHONES output on the LP32 and got no signal there with 96K playback.

To be clear the whole setup works perfectly at 44.1K AND I can record perfectly on multiple tracks into Auria at 96K - just can't play back to LP32

bobbydogmusic

Post by bobbydogmusic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:51 pm

As I said record AND playback are fine at 44.1K - I can monitor my recording at the PHONES output on LP32.

It's just playback at 96K that doesn't work.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:07 am

Ok great I have more infofrom you now. I will investigate this. So to be clear, you record into Auria by inputing an instrument into the Audient and outputing from the Audient @96kz into the Motu LP32 via an ADAT optical cable. The Motu is connected via a USB Apple Camera kit into Auria with a project of 96kz. Recording into Auria successfully means that all the clocking is going well. Meaning if the Audient is set to master clock and the Motu is set to slave at its optical input and its output to the usb to Auria is also 96kz so all is good on smux digital out. Now for playback the Motu has to be clocked by Auria or set up to playback @ 96kz from an external clock. Try setting the clocking options in the Motu to see if you can get the Motu to output to its phones output. You should be able to see the playback vu meters inside the AVB Mixer. I used to use the Motu 24AO and am familiar with the software. My guess is your having a clocking problem in the Motu @ 96kz from the usb input or the AVB app is not set to output 96kz to its headphones from the USB input. Check these areas. Cheers

geniusjones

Post by geniusjones » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:03 am

I have a problem with 96k playback too.

My chord mojo plays 96k fine from the Dropbox but not from auria Pro.

Auria Pro plays 44.1 just fine into the Mojo.

96k Auria Pro plays fine out of headphone on iPad

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:23 am

I can play back 96k sessions through my interfaces here. I am not familiar with the Chord Mojo DAC, however. Is the sample rate syncing automatically detected by the Chord Mojo or are there physical switches on the device to set the sample rate?

geniusjones

Post by geniusjones » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:53 am

Corey - thanks for the response

The Mojo switches automatically. But not with Auria :(

I have tried 2 different USB camera adaptors and 2 different USB cables.

Diesn’t Seem to be iOS related as Dropbox plays 96k files fine.