MIDI recording via bluetooth keyboard all over the place

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mso77

MIDI recording via bluetooth keyboard all over the place

Post by mso77 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Hello.

I have bought the AKAI LPK25 wireless bluetooth keyboard to play and record in Auria Pro.

I can play stock and AUv3 synths and samplers without any noticable latency. But when I record a MIDI performance the first notes are almost always missing and the recorded region is not at the right position. Most of the time it is too early but sometimes too late.
Once or twice it did record everything at the right position. But the next performance was off again.

The problem seems to be only in Auria. In Garageband it works perfectly.

Maybe it's because I'm on iOS 11 public beta (7), but then why does it only happen in Auria?

I'm using Auria Pro on an iPad Pro 12,9 (2017) with 512GB and iOS 11 public beta 7.

Thanks!
Michael

mso77

Re: MIDI recording via bluetooth keyboard all over the place

Post by mso77 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:31 am

I have found the solution to that particular problem.
Turning off the MIDI overdub recording option did the trick.

But that's just a workaround for me, because I often do overdubs with MIDI tracks.

I can record over another region and join them, but that's awkward and buggy, too. When I select non-overlapping regions the notes from one of the regions are erased ...

Any help regarding that topic?

Thanks again!
Michael

mso77

Re: MIDI recording via bluetooth keyboard all over the place

Post by mso77 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:44 pm

Turning off overdubbing did help only a bit. I still have problems recording MIDI at the right position, although the offset is not as bad as before and all notes are recorded.
Does anybody has the same problem?