Importing and using midi drum files

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jrech
Expert

Importing and using midi drum files

Post by jrech » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:20 pm

I am having a problem, the importing of a midi from file is working and not an issue. The problem I am having is with the volume of the kit pieces. The snare does not sound with all of the snare hits. It only hits on the velocity turned up. Is that the midi file or auria? Do I need to adjust the volume level of the parts? The softer hits of the snare cut in and out. The loud hits don't have a problem. The midi file is imported from Dropbox. It was purchased from a company. Is there anyway that this can be fixed?
iPad Pro, Auria Pro - https://jodyrech.bandcamp.com

Corey W
Expert

Re: Importing and using midi drum files

Post by Corey W » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:15 am

Can you send the MIDI file to support[at]drumagog[dot]com so I can take a look at it?

Which drum kit in Lyra are you trying to use?

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:43 pm

I have a guess: Lyra has a bug that makes it default to “release” mode even when it’s stated “normal”. That makes low velocity notes act like a gate or “choke” for higher velocity hits. Manually changing to “release” (which already be activated anyway) and back to “normal” fix the behavior. Worth noting that Lyra’s “release” mode is cool for drums most of the time, giving how easy it is to produce choked cymbals, hats etc. But the bug is annoying and it took me a while to realize what was going on. Hope that helps. Cheers!

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:42 am

Thank you for the help. Corey I will send that midi file to you. I was using the rock kit, vintage kit, and natural kit. I tried all three. How do you change the release on Lyra? I looked in automation and I could change velocity. I looked under fx and I couldn't find it. I am sure I am overlooking something.

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:54 am

I found the release button I moved it to release and back to normal. That fixed the cut off of the snare. I need to. Get a better pair of headphones I think. The softer volumes are hard to hear. At least the snare is ringing out to the full amount. Thank you for the help

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:14 pm

Glad to be helpful! Enjoy Auria Pro!