Clearing space for new projects

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

DefRobot

Clearing space for new projects

Post by DefRobot » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Is there a way to delete all files and data, except IAPs, samples etc, without connecting to a PC?
I'm finding that despite deleting everything I can find from past songs, Auria Documents and Data is still taking up 6-7 gigabytes.
I've cleared every folder and file I can find on my iPad, tried clean up project and everything else I can see available.
Is this just the base storage for the few Lyra samples, Drumagog plus a few sample packs and 5 FabFilters?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Clearing space for new projects

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Yes AuriaPro takes about that much flash drive space if you have IR files,Gog files, Lyra samples, Fabfilter plugins ect. IAA plugins are not part of AuriaPros size and remain as seperate. Places to look to free up flash drive space is movies in your photos, samples in other apps, trash of audioshare or audiocopy. Finally when deleting files you no longer need in AuriaPro is to use the Import File option and this should reveal lots of other files that are not being used. You dont load them just swipe left on the right side of the screen and delete them. You can also back up your projects to Dropbox and clear AuriaPro. But as far as AuriaPro taking up over 5gb of space is normal with the additions I mentioned above. Its why I purchased a 250gb iPad Pro this year. I too was feeling the squeeze and often ran low on drive space and AuriaPro doesnt like running low on drive space. Cheers.

DefRobot

Re: Clearing space for new projects

Post by DefRobot » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:58 pm

Thanks Anthony! I'll just have to save songs in the cloud and delete every so often.
Safer to store stuff anyway :wink: