Problems with Roland Go:mixer

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Trash
Expert

Problems with Roland Go:mixer

Post by Trash » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:31 pm

Hi all -

Just wondering if anyone out there is using the Roland Go:Mixer with Auria.

I bought one a couple of months ago and only got around to trying it out this weekend. However the results have been really disappointing. Basically I seem to be getting huge amounts of weird digital artefacts on all of the inputs (well to be fair I did not try the mike as I don't have one handy).

I ended up having to borrow and iRig HD to get my recording done but of course it meant that I could not do any stereo recording (which was the main reason for getting the Roland device).

Supposedly the Go:Mixer is compatible (it is listed on the Auria site) but it seemed unusable to me.

Does anyone else have any experience using this product with Auria (Using the pro version on an iPad Pro 10.5)

Many thanks for any advice.

Cheers all!

lkingston
Expert

Re: Problems with Roland Go:mixer

Post by lkingston » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:28 am

It sounds like a power problem. The iPad Pro is probably drawing more power than the Go Mixer power supply can handle. Can you try a compatible power supply with mor milliamperes?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:33 am

The Roland Go:Mixer is locked to a 48k sample rate. The cause of this specific issue is trying to run existing projects in Auria at 44.1 with an interface that can only handle 48k.

Trash
Expert

Post by Trash » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:27 am

Indeed the Go:Mixer works perfectly with my projects at 48K. Apart from that this issue the G:M seems to work perfectly (in case anyone else is thinking of getting one).
It would have been nice of Roland to provide a bit more information on their product.

Still, all sorted now.