Quantize failed after bouncing track on place

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mixmaker
Expert

Quantize failed after bouncing track on place

Post by mixmaker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Hello
I have auria pro
Ipad pro 9,7

What is happened?
1. Launch auria pro
2.create a new midi track
3. Choose sampletank as midi
4. Record a kick drum (for exsample, it doesn't matter)
5. Quantize, 1/4. Check it after by " vertical beats line" — ok. Everything is perfect. The kick events are consistent to the beat lin.
6. Bouncing track in place.
7. After that see the picture what I have got — same kick events go away from beats vertical line (track N15)

What is this?
Why does it happened?
It happend everytime. Not only simetimes
Attachments
IMG_4887.PNG

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Quantize failed after bouncing track on place

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:20 pm

If you have any fx on this kick drum the resulting bounce in place has allowed for the pre-delay or attack of the kick. Also best to set your snap value to whatever you quantized the midi to. And last but not least use the mixdown option instead of bounce in place as bounce in place is destructive and deletes all previous files of that bounce after shutting down AuriaPro. So mixdown then import the file back into the project. Cheers.

mixmaker
Expert

Post by mixmaker » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:00 am

Thanx for reply
1. You can see on the screenshot that there are no any fx on track
2. Read carefully what I typed before: midi quantizing been done. And midi quantize is ok! Quantized track fails after transformation from midi to wav.
3. Mixdown midi, than import file back to project??? Looks like not clever decision. I Think that right way must work perfect: record midi->quantize-> transform to wav. Not any more steps. But this short way doesn't work good.
Something wrong in app must be fixed. Am I right?

Cheers

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:25 am

After a track is bounced in place there is no longer FX as they have been included in the bounce of the midi track turning it into an audio track,so the fact that the FX light is off on the track after a bounce in place means nothing. Mixing down the track and importing back into the project is the proper way if you want to preserve your original track. Bounce in place is nothing more than a mixdown and an import, it just does it with one tap but its the same process. I also tested this problem and it worked fine. Here is a screenshot of my test. Notice the look of the kick waveform, this is what a non processed kick wav looks like, not yours. Your kick file looks processed not normal. Does your kick track sound off timing or is it just visual and it looks off timing? Not sure what went wrong on your project that caused this but with all my tests I cannot confirm this as a bug and as an AuriaPro Beta and Bug tester I need to be able to duplicate this problem to confirm there is actually a bug and I cannot. Good luck. Cheers.
Attachments
IMG_1761.PNG

mixmaker
Expert

Post by mixmaker » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:32 pm

Very strange...
If it will help to believe me — I can make a video with all process that I do. I tryed 10 times in a row — one result. Kick's quantize failed. Maybe you will see something?
And yes: after bouncsing track in place on my picture kicks sound off timimg, not just look off.
So, I will make a video after tommorow. It would be greate if you will see it
Thanx. Cheers