importing drum loops, soft drummer into Auria pro?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

flouderman

importing drum loops, soft drummer into Auria pro?

Post by flouderman » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:53 am

I am trying to import drum loops from other apps such as Soft Drummer into Auria Pro. I am not a drummer so I'd rather import loops than create them myself. When using Soft Drummer, I can trigger the Soft Drummer program to play from Auria Pro when I press record in Auria Pro. However, It doesn't appear to actually record the track in Auria Pro. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for drums apps that can be easily used import and/or record drummer loops in Aura Pro. Any help here is appreciated, thanks much!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: importing drum loops, soft drummer into Auria pro?

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:21 pm

Load Soft Drummer into a stereo track ( audio track ) as an IAA plugin. When you load Soft Drummer the track record ready light should start to blink, now hit record on the main transport and play and the track will begin to record the drums. Remember to lower the main mix volume of Soft Drummer before recording into Auria as it will likely be too hot. Set your midi to receive from Auria in Soft Drummer but dont send to Auria. In Aurias Settings for midi send note on to Softdrummer but don't recieve from Softdrummer. Good luck. As for premade drum loops I like drum loops HD but you can only use the loops that are included in the collection and there are no adjustments you can make yourself just the loops but they are pretty good. I also own the entire MoRevox drum loop collection available in the AuriaStore where you purchase the Fabfilter plugins. Cheers.

flouderman

Post by flouderman » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:26 pm

Anthony,

Thank you very much, I now am able to record soft drummer in Auria! I also downloaded the MoRevox loops you mentioned, they are very helpful. Do you tend to use the stereo or the multitrack loops?

Fred LoudermaT

Voodoo Bossa Nova

Post by Voodoo Bossa Nova » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:21 pm
Load Soft Drummer into a stereo track ( audio track ) as an IAA plugin. When you load Soft Drummer the track record ready light should start to blink, now hit record on the main transport and play and the track will begin to record the drums. Remember to lower the main mix volume of Soft Drummer before recording into Auria as it will likely be too hot. Set your midi to receive from Auria in Soft Drummer but dont send to Auria. In Aurias Settings for midi send note on to Softdrummer but don't recieve from Softdrummer. Good luck. As for premade drum loops I like drum loops HD but you can only use the loops that are included in the collection and there are no adjustments you can make yourself just the loops but they are pretty good. I also own the entire MoRevox drum loop collection available in the AuriaStore where you purchase the Fabfilter plugins. Cheers.
Are these directions still valid? Just got Soft Drummer. Beginning to use it, can see I recorded a beat but cannot hear it...Thx in advance if you can help.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:39 am

I use the multitrack loops as it is more like mixng real drums and is very useful when automating the drums through the track. I’m not sure why you can’t hear your recorded track of Soft Drummer. If the waveform is on the track then you should be able to hear it. I suggest ejecting Soft Drummer from the plugin list and make sure the track is outputing to the output that you are monitoring the project. Eg. Master Out or hardware out like 1/2 . Good luck.