New iPad Pro

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jrech
Expert

New iPad Pro

Post by jrech » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:47 am

Has any one used auria on the new iPad Pro? I was thinking of upgrading to it with the x10 chip. Will that improve the use of it with auria? I have the new iPad and I use that with no problems. I was thinking of getting a pro for the size and the speed. If it doesn't work well then I will stick with the iPad.
iPad Pro, Auria Pro - https://jodyrech.bandcamp.com

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: New iPad Pro

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:58 am

Yes I've had mine for a week now and I used it in my latest Auria Tutorial video. Personally I have not noticed a great improvement over my original iPad Pro. I may do a video comparing the two. Until Apple puts 8 gigs of ram memory into the iPad Pro, I don't think we will see any great performance increase. Unless iOS 11 somehow takes advantage of the extra cores in the A10x Fusion chip, I don't see much difference. The things that seems to be faster are...
1. Loads projects and apps faster
2. Screen refresh rate is noticeably faster, like scrolling
3. Seems to handle some of the heavier plugins a bit better
4. Song mixdown is faster

Jmcmillan

Post by Jmcmillan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:37 am

Hi Anthony,
Liked the new video! Saw that you were changing tempos after putting in some MIDI data on a few tracks. Did you happen to see this problem occur?

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14957
Thanks!
Jon

thewilythylacine

Post by thewilythylacine » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:07 am

Do you think the 6GB of RAM on the 2018 iPad Pro 1TB will make any significant performance improvement in Auria Pro to justify the hefty investment, or will the A12x processor shared by the 4GB models provide enough of a boost to make purchasing the less expensive models (512GB and less) a more practical upgrade? I’m really tempted to splurge all out on the 1TB model but if there will be no real advantage gained from the extraRAM then I could use the money saved by purchasing the more “economical” models on other gear.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:50 am

thewilythylacine wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:07 am
Do you think the 6GB of RAM on the 2018 iPad Pro 1TB will make any significant performance improvement in Auria Pro to justify the hefty investment, or will the A12x processor shared by the 4GB models provide enough of a boost to make purchasing the less expensive models (512GB and less) a more practical upgrade? I’m really tempted to splurge all out on the 1TB model but if there will be no real advantage gained from the extraRAM then I could use the money saved by purchasing the more “economical” models on other gear.
Any boost in power is a good thing and I’m sure you will see an improvement in performance with all your apps and you will likely see that even in the base model. As far as spending a large amount of money on the 6g 1Tb model that is totally up to an ones budget but my thoughts on this is to start out with the base model and wait for someone to run tests on the different models then if the difference is worth the upgrade, use the apple upgrade/trade in option or simply sell the base model and purchase the top model.
Personally I wont be upgrading to the new model as I already have 2 iPad Pros and they work fine for me. Cheers and hope this helps your decision.