The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mastertrac

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by mastertrac » Thu May 25, 2017 8:15 am

Rim, I believe it's time. People have been asking for a tempo track/map for years. There's a lot of music that doesn't work with a single BPM. People want to record a track and then map the tempo to that track as it ebbs and flows.

It's time. Please just do it. Imagine if the conductor of the philharmonic orchestra was forced to conduct each piece at the same tempo from beginning to end. Why even have a conductor? No one would be in the audience. It would be a horrible concert.

There are a LOT of people who have spent hundreds of dollars on apps and sound libraries for their iPads thinking this feature was a given--only to be very disappointed. We are tired of having to drag our computers everywhere we want to make music.

Auria is awesome. It's time to make it AMAZING! Really, it's time.

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu May 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Auria Pro has a tempo and time signature track...

RIm

mastertrac

Post by mastertrac » Sun May 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Rim wrote:Auria Pro has a tempo and time signature track...

RIm
And that is a start. And why I bought Auria Pro. But, that does not allow the thousands of us artists who want to record a tempo-less track that purposely speeds up and slows down in an effort to touch the emotions of our listeners to then map the tempo of the project to that track and then record additional tracks to that map. A way to let us drop measure and beat markers on the tempo track would be a great start. People have been asking for this for years. Currently I have to stick with my PC setup because of this one lacking feature. I'm a programmer too. I know that generally when you decide to do something like this it's just a matter of letting your subconscious mind work on it for a while and you come up with an easy and slick way to implement the feature. Please decide--for all of us who've been waiting.

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun May 28, 2017 4:15 pm

Thanks, I misunderstood your post. That makes perfect sense. A very useful feature. Something to ponder, like you said...

Rim

mididrum
Expert

Post by mididrum » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:31 pm

Rim wrote:Thanks, I misunderstood your post. That makes perfect sense. A very useful feature. Something to ponder, like you said...

Rim
That,s the NORMAL DREAM OF MUSICIANS having feeling or jumping up beats around times where grooving and swinging
still need a regular beat that don,t deny HUMANIZED tempo variations: allowing to express feelings without the MACHINE COMPOSITION obligation that LATER "RANDOM" "humanize" try to attenuate without respect to the real HUMAN COMPOSER

Roland old workstation keyboard had that EASY usefull track tempo :
AFTER recording the masterTrack (audio or Midi) LEAVING that track PLAY on its OWN TEMPO UNTOUCH : free from NEXT master tempi track to be recorded THAT EASY : by beating tempo beats at will-recorded to tempo master track while listening the lead track playback irregularities-
That will allow to record NEXT tracks (still listening to the playback conducer) with variable tempi evolutions STILL in time with the (new) Tempi track ALL together linked to the original composer feeling
WHY ?
1) to let you quantize NEW TRACKS : as usual at % if needed
2) to jump easy and precisely to any measure set points numbered
3) let you time stretch ALL tracks…NOW including the ORIGINAL prerecorded LEAD track

Most of Us (Songs composers) CANNOT record with Metronome feeling killer : Next edit tricks and tools turn recorded multitracks editing unavailable ! Pity for so much intelligency needed to program edit tools WE cannot USE !!!
YES, we KNOW AURIA has Master track tempo …we CANNOT USE(worst interfering on playing LEAD original track playback) !)

jussishow
Expert

Post by jussishow » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:33 am

I wish there was a "recording/tracking view" where the transport buttons were much bigger and there was a "rewind to start" button ...

And being able to rename markers would be nice as well ! :-) (Chorus #1, Bridge, Solo e.t.c ...)

Something like this :
IMG_0183.PNG

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:24 pm

theartwebreathe wrote:I'd like to reiterate two requests that user Tovokas mentioned back in 2014:

* Duplicate track
* The ability to reorder effects in the channel strip

These would both be extremely useful features.
This!

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Perfectpete wrote:A tuner would be very nice to have.
This, definitely!

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:29 pm

And also: more markers/rename markers, ability to see and select hardware ins even in playback mode (currently you can do it only in record mode, the ability to route the output of a track/subgroup as an input for another track not only for playing back (we can use busses for that, at least for regular tracks) but to recording as well (there are workarounds, but thus would be more straightforward).

Cheers!

oli77sch

Post by oli77sch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Hello everybody

I like to work with Auria. Here my wishes:

1. Project and file management / browsing:
- Starting the app in a project browser instead directly in a project to choose on which project you want to work
- Deleting the current project is way too complicated (closing this project opening another one, then choosing "menu - open project", deleting instead of opening. NEW: returning to browser - choosing the project - delete
(I often use Auria to make some test recordings, comparing mics or mic positions etc., so after listening to the recorded tracks I usually want to delete the project)

2. Changing audio-channels from mono to stereo or vice versa

3. +1 for "human tempo track"

4. +1 for new transport button "rewind to start" and also "replay from current start position"

Thanks a lot and cheers!
Oliver

RobP

Post by RobP » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:00 pm

jgdeschamps wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:43 am
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Lyra needs a velocity curve adjustment graph feature.
Even tough my keyboard controller has hardwired three different velocity curve settings, it's not enough to really adjust its velocity response when coupled with some sample libraries.
Yes, exactly! I've only seen one other mention of this, but indeed this feature would be a welcome addition to bring the playing experience and dynamic expression more in line with that of Korg Module, iGrand, Pianoteq, or for that matter ultimately a real acoustic piano. Whenever I fire up one of the Auria instruments after playing something else I struggle either having notes not sound or play way too loud until I get the feel for the characteristcs of my MIDI controller without compensation.

JRSIV
Expert

Post by JRSIV » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:07 am

It's been brought up several times, and yeah there are other items on our wishlists that may be more desired, but one that is missing from Auria Pro that is really glaring is stereo track to mono or mono track to stereo. The latter can be accomplished easily enough by running the mono track through a stereo plug in. The former can be accomplished by mixing only the stereo track to mono inside Auria and then reimport the 'new' mono track into the session. Now Auria offers to do this step automatically after mixing in mono or stereo, presumably to allow projects to have all the Session files and stereo mixes all in one spot; or the mono track can be imported back in manually by the producer.

Since all this is fairly standard and it seems all the functions are under AP's hood, is a dedicated process hard to program into Auria? It would really be appreciated...thanks.
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

hcortesm

Post by hcortesm » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:17 am

theconnactic wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:29 pm
And also: more markers...
This has been asked several times. Do you think is possible to have it implemented soon?

kimmolainen

Post by kimmolainen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:31 am

I wish for an easy way to extend regions to the start of the song. Just dragging the regions to extend them to the left would be perfect.

lkingston
Expert

Post by lkingston » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:54 pm

Here's my number one feature request:

How about a lyrics page with transport controls and markers? Many of us write songs and use iPads for lyrics. Right now I am using two tablets when I record: one for Auria, the other for lyrics. I would love to have a page where I could control the transport, go to markers and record and record, all while looking at my lyrics on the same screen. Set up some sort of scrolling while you do this and I might have to kiss you! Nobody else is doing this, but it really would be great if you did.