Auria Virtual Instruments?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

richmondc

Auria Virtual Instruments?

Post by richmondc » Tue May 30, 2017 3:34 pm

Hello Guys! Brand new to the forum and I'm hoping to get some info before I purchase Auria!

I've been trying to look for these answers but haven't been able to find it. I'm new to music producing. I used Logic Pro X then went to FL Studios when I stoppped using Mac. I normally making beats with 808 VST Plugins and I'm learning to sample at the moment. I want to go I have the Apogee One for when I use to run Logic so I'm hoping to get Auria to use the Apogee on my iPad Pro. I'm just curious if Auria is the right software for me and have a few questions.

1.) Does Auria come with virtual instruments in which I can make beats with or are those plugins I need to purchase separately or is it a little half and half?? I don't mind purchasing plugins but I'm a broke college student so not trying to spend over $100 on an iPad App lol

2.) Will my Apogee one and Akai Mini MPC work on Auria Pro? Of course I will purchase the cable to connect USB to it but just want to be sure Auria will read it lol

3.) Is Auria already loaded with some plugins for me to mess around on or is it just the software itself and I'll need to purchase more once I buy it?

4.) Plugins wise, like I said I'm pretty new to music producing. I usually edit with auto tune for vocals or pitch correction, is this a separate plugin in Auria that I would need to purchase? Also for 808s, does Auria have some instruments I can work with for this or is this also another plugin I need to purchase? Price wise how much are the plugins usually for them if I do need to purchase them?

5.) I know some softwares are made just for recording and editing vocals while some are made more for making beats, is Auria one of those where its made more for recording and editing vocals? I didn't really see much videos for beat making.

6.) Overall, how do you guys like Auria Pro? Can you use it to replace your usual DAW softwares on the computer??

7.) Since Apple doesn't really let you download stuff on the internet and find it in a folder, does Auria Pro have google drive or dropbox integration in which I can take files from there and open it in Auria so I can load samples? I found a way to download from a browser on the iPad to dropbox and google drive, now I just want to be sure I can load those into Auria.

Sorry if my terms are off or so, I'm still learning about music production and I want to be sure I'm not wasting to much money on a software I may or may not use a lot.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

theconnactic
Expert

Re: Auria Virtual Instruments?

Post by theconnactic » Tue May 30, 2017 7:56 pm

1) Yes, it comes with a sample player capable of opening both sound fonts and EXS24 files, and the FabFilter synts One and Twin2 ported directly from the Desktop versions (google about them);

2) I have an Apogee One as well, it surely works. I don't know about the AKAI, but I think it also will work, since my Behringer UMX610 and my BOSS DR5 do;

3) You have everything you need out of the box: compressor, gate/expander and EQ (by PSP!) for each channel, PSP's Multipressor for the subgroups and a master compressor/EQ/Limiter/Brickwall by PSP. Additionally, a convolution reverb (impulse responses), a classic reverb, a delay and a chorus, capable of multiple instances;

4) Yes, you'll need to purchase MU-Retune. It does Antares-like autotune, not Melodyne-like. Unfortunately, there's nothing like Melodyne/Flex Pitch graphical tools not only in Auria, but in iOS itself;

5) Auria is a professional audio editor every bit as powerful as protools (editing-wise, I mean). If you can edit audio with Pro Tools, you can do it with Auria. I'm talking about editing tasks here like cutting, resizing, stretching, slicing etc. Obviously you may be talking about something else entirely: in this case, I don't know the answer;

6) Nowadays Auria is my main DAW, and I use Logic only when I really need Flex Pitch;

7) Yes, Auria will load from and save to Dropbox.

Hope that helps.

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Tue May 30, 2017 8:04 pm

P.S.: there are two things Auria doesn't do or have, and I am telling you this in case you are coming from Ableton Live, which can make you feel very disappointed with the experience with Auria: 1) it doesn't have a clip launcher (Live's Session View) - it's a linear DAW like ProTools/Logic/Sonar and 2) it doesn't loop while recording - obviously it loops when playing back, but it cannot loop between two punch points and record various takes, having to stop transport and start recording again every time you want to record a new take.

richmondc

Post by richmondc » Tue May 30, 2017 9:52 pm

theconnactic wrote:1) Yes, it comes with a sample player capable of opening both sound fonts and EXS24 files, and the FabFilter synts One and Twin2 ported directly from the Desktop versions (google about them);

2) I have an Apogee One as well, it surely works. I don't know about the AKAI, but I think it also will work, since my Behringer UMX610 and my BOSS DR5 do;

3) You have everything you need out of the box: compressor, gate/expander and EQ (by PSP!) for each channel, PSP's Multipressor for the subgroups and a master compressor/EQ/Limiter/Brickwall by PSP. Additionally, a convolution reverb (impulse responses), a classic reverb, a delay and a chorus, capable of multiple instances;

4) Yes, you'll need to purchase MU-Retune. It does Antares-like autotune, not Melodyne-like. Unfortunately, there's nothing like Melodyne/Flex Pitch graphical tools not only in Auria, but in iOS itself;

5) Auria is a professional audio editor every bit as powerful as protools (editing-wise, I mean). If you can edit audio with Pro Tools, you can do it with Auria. I'm talking about editing tasks here like cutting, resizing, stretching, slicing etc. Obviously you may be talking about something else entirely: in this case, I don't know the answer;

6) Nowadays Auria is my main DAW, and I use Logic only when I really need Flex Pitch;

7) Yes, Auria will load from and save to Dropbox.

Hope that helps.
Thanks!! This definitely helps!! Also if you don't mind me asking, how much are the plugins usually? Not sure if because it's iOS, they will be $3-$10 or $20-$50 lol

Thanks again!

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Wed May 31, 2017 1:24 am

Some plug-ins cost as little as $5, others (some FabFilter plug-ins like Pro R or Pro MB) cost as much as $40.