A damn Midi timing bug....

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Empt
Expert

A damn Midi timing bug....

Post by Empt » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:02 pm

So i have a track that is a wav. of a drum beat...i added a Midi drum track, via Elastic Drums. It synched up perfectly. I then recorded the Midi track for about 4 minutes. Auria crashed at the end, a complete interface freeze, although the audio was still playing. I had no choice but to force quit it...

Reloaded it, and now there is a very slight difference in the tempo of Elastic drums. It is very slight, but not usuable at all. Nothing seems to fix it. I believe the Midi is set up correctly, and it worked perfectly before the crash.

Ive made 4-5 songs in Auria, and i think every one of them has developed a different bug that F...ed up the saved file.

This is on an iPad Air 2, and it was restarted right before i started working. No other apps were taking up memory..

I have no confidence in Auria any more, which means its basically unusable for me.

Wtf.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: A damn Midi timing bug....

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Can you tell me more about this interface freeze? Were you doing anything (like moving regions, or any kind of editing) when the interface froze?

Auria automatically makes snapshots every 10 minutes, so any time you want to go back to a previous version of your project, just go to the snapshots and load a previous snapshot.

You can also check to see if your drum track starts at exactly 0 by dragging the region all the way to the left. It's possible that region got moved?

Rim

Empt
Expert

Post by Empt » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:13 pm

I was doing nothing but letting the two drum tracks play....

I had been recording for approx. 4 minutes....

And i checked the drum track that had been rendered previously as a .wav......it had not moved

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:49 am

You may want to consider upgrading your iPad and iOS. Cheers

Empt
Expert

Post by Empt » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:09 am

I have an iPad Air 2, and Im running the latest IOS release....So theres nowhere to go....

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:24 am

An Air 2 is plenty of power for Auria. So you were recording while the freeze happened, so playing back?

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:24 am

Sorry Empt, I thought I read that you had an iPad 2. I shouldnt post when I just woke up. Ya your Air2 should be handling Auria just fine. Good luck.