Auria mixer and MIDI mapping

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

stromberg-carlson
Expert

thank you..

Post by stromberg-carlson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:07 pm

hi,

i didnt know about the nano2, so thank you.

the nano kontrol studio was a new gadget, thats why i was interested in it. and out of the box the kontrol studio is working ,probably just as good as the nano2.

im satisfied with the operation of the kontrol studio.

Radside
Expert

Re: Auria mixer and MIDI mapping

Post by Radside » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:13 am

Cool...I'm happy it works and thanks again for the taking the time to test it for all of us thinking about adding this to our setup.

stromberg-carlson
Expert

cool..

Post by stromberg-carlson » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:23 pm

cheers!

Kites
Expert

Post by Kites » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:06 am

Appreciate the documented findings @stromberg-carlson, time to hunt for a NK Studio deal on the WWW.

Do you, or others in this thread, find that a controller ( Nanos or Behringers ) speeds up your production and work flow?
The iPad alone definitely liberated me from the desktop and tiresome mouse tapping, while pushing my skills up a few notches. So it seems pretty obvious that adding a dedicated controller would smooth out some irritants among the iPad gestures.

It's really exciting to see this evolution of music production with iOS decvices. It seems manafacturers continue to push the iOS market, but with great caution. :shock:

stromberg-carlson
Expert

hardware rules!

Post by stromberg-carlson » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:03 am

i am a hardware guy so i have an actual 48 input analog mix desk so i much prefer this old school way of working. mouse and computer is seen as work to me. all knobs are ready to be fondled at any moment! :twisted:

for daw users like yourself, i think the behringer surface is a better investment, as it offers more functionality. the korg thingy is cool for on the go stuff and you dont want to lug a larger control surface around.

both methods, in my opinion, are faster as you have instant control of your channels. you can MUTE 1 or more channels on the fly at once for instant gratification and workflow, or manipulate other controls mapped to the buttons.

i dont think using a control surface will make you a better mixer/engineer, but will certainly give you more freedom and control over being able to touch a screen...

dvlmusic
Expert

Post by dvlmusic » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:33 pm

A buddy of mine just gave me a nanoKONTROL2 that he wasn't using and I think it works great with Auria. The throw on the faders is really nice and feels very natural. The Pan pots are a bit odd - anyone know if the sensitivity of this can be addressed with the desktop programmer?

Anyway, I ordered a powered USB hub and now I can run my Arturia MiniLab and the nanoKONTROL2 simultaneously. It's my little mobile studio and it's just fantastic.

As an FYI - I also ordered a USB adapter for a 128GB microSD card and when I plugged it in to the hub the iPad recognized it. Now if I can just figure out how to back up Auria projects to it.....

Cyril777
Expert

Post by Cyril777 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:32 am

Exactly....
I was tempted to buy the nanokontrolStudio for Auria, but because of the Bluetooth ability. I already use a Korg nanokontrol 2 (40€) with Auria and it does exactly the same that the Korg Studio, no more no less.... pity.. Even the jog is nit behaving like a jog is supposed to (relaying on the description above).
I'm more interested by the nanokey Studio, but because of the Bluetooth too. But it seems it's gonna be a long time before you can use it with the majority of your apps without having to plug it in USB. I really hesitate to order it now...

boom

Post by boom » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm also using with Auria.
I don't understand why the volume fader automation can be recorded while the pan pot can't :wink:
Does someone have any idea or infos ?

:mrgreen:

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:25 pm

boom wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm also using with Auria.
I don't understand why the volume fader automation can be recorded while the pan pot can't :wink:
Does someone have any idea or infos ?

:mrgreen:
Yes this has been a problem from the start of Auria. Not even my MCU Pro can automate the pan. In fact currently the only thing that is automatable using any controler hui or mcu logic code is the fader. Hopefully one day this will get worked on. Cheers.

LenZoo

Post by LenZoo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi, I have the NanoKontrol Studio Wireless. I get the Bluetooth connection in Auria but nothing gets controlled on the mixing board. I have three options to choose from in the MIDI settings Remote Protocol: Mackie HUI, Mackie MCU and Mackie MCU Logic. I have tried all three, which one do you use?
The In and Outs are set to Remote.
Any help would be great.

Kites
Expert

Post by Kites » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:19 am

LenZoo wrote:Hi, I have the NanoKontrol Studio Wireless. I get the Bluetooth connection in Auria but nothing gets controlled on the mixing board. I have three options to choose from in the MIDI settings Remote Protocol: Mackie HUI, Mackie MCU and Mackie MCU Logic. I have tried all three, which one do you use?
The In and Outs are set to Remote.
Any help would be great.
I think the video for the Nanokontrol 2 someone posted should be helpful if you haven't seen it all ready.

LenZoo

Post by LenZoo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:12 am

Kites wrote: I think the video for the Nanokontrol 2 someone posted should be helpful if you haven't seen it all ready.
Thank you, but the video did not show how to configure the Nanokontrol Studio itself. But now I found it:
http://images.junostatic.com/manual/598438-01U.pdf
Works like a beauty. Especially for the price paid.

Qwimby Wun

Post by Qwimby Wun » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:54 pm

I love using Aria Pro but I would really love to use it with the Korg nanokontrol studio. I'm using Auria Pro with iPad Pro but I am new to iOS recording. I like loading a few channels with virtual guitar rigs/synths, etc...I really am impressed with how much you can do with it and how simple the learning curve has been so far but I literally know nothing about midi. I have tried MCU and HUI and I see the NKS on the display with send/receive remote but it never works. I reset to factory settings 2 or 3 times and have tried turning it on a few different ways. I know I'm a hopeless noob but can somebody give me a clue or 2?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:05 pm

The NanoKontrol Studio has to be set to 'Pro Tools' mode in order to work with Auria Pro.
With the NanoKontrol turned off hold down the Scene and Rewind buttons and power the unit on.

Go into the Auria Settings> MIDI> Enable the NanoKontrol Studio to send/receive Remote and set the 'Remote Protocol' to HUI

Qwimby Wun

Post by Qwimby Wun » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:58 pm

When I turn on nanokontrol studio in pro tools mode I am able to see NKS in Auria midi settings. I select send/receive remote for NKS, select HUI and NKS goes offline.

I Know I'm pretty cluelesss but I'm starting to wonder if my Korg NKS is booty.