Studio A is now complete

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Studio A is now complete

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:16 pm

After a year and a half my studio is now finished. Hoping one day to use all my Mackie channels with AuriaPro. Dream high and you never know.
Attachments
IMG_1419.JPG
IMG_1420.JPG

supanorton
Expert

Re: Studio A is now complete

Post by supanorton » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:40 pm

Gorgeous! Congratulations on seeing it through, Anthony. When do you start on studio B? :lol:

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:33 am

Well done for finishing Anthony, looks superb.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:34 am

supanorton wrote:Gorgeous! Congratulations on seeing it through, Anthony. When do you start on studio B? :lol:
Thanks so much. Studio B is the soundproof room that will house the drums and anything else needed to be isolated. I will post pics of when its done but Im recovering from the first rebuild and I really want to record some great tracks out of the new gear. So far my tests have sounded so amazing that I can't believe that sound is coming from my studio. I really love my private studio space now. Its inspired me so much that Ive written an entire album during the rebuild. That album is called Moments and I hope to have it finished soon. I want it to sound wide open like in the sixties recordings like what came out of Fame recording studios in Shoals Alabama I think thats where it was. I love that sound. Oh and for you FabFilter plugin fans I did a mix using just those plugins going through my ToneLux OTB16's and Burl B32 and was able to get a really good analog sound. So I look forward to using both on the album. I think more people here should talk about their music projects and what their doing and how and what gear their using. We might learn something from each other. Cheers.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:34 am

mtingle wrote:Well done for finishing Anthony, looks superb.
Thank you. Cheers mate.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:37 pm

Very nice, Anthony.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:29 am

Thanks here is the studio tour

https://youtu.be/Uo2k3VZ4neU

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:32 pm

First off, it's never finished...
Beautiful and I assume very functional Anthony. When are we all invited over? :D
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

JRSIV
Expert

Post by JRSIV » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:41 am

Right on Anthony. Early in 2015 when my wife suprised me with an Air 2 and I discovered Auria, your wholesale dedication to the app as your main recording platform was one thing that gave me the balls to try it too.

It took me a few weeks of getting my workflow down, just getting used to the apps etc., for me to say "Right, this is it" and put my laptop with ProTools on it in it's bag and use Auria exclusively.

I cannot believe that was 2 years ago next month, the time just rips by anymore and every year my ass has a birthday it seems to get faster. I am totally happy for you brother, beautiful set up...and the fact it's on a boat makes it all the more badass.

Love the LA-2A and the Mackie desk sets it off so well. Is that a Chandler EMI rack unit under what appears to be a Dangerous Audio piece of gear?

All the best, be cool...J
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:41 am

JRSIV wrote:Right on Anthony. Early in 2015 when my wife suprised me with an Air 2 and I discovered Auria, your wholesale dedication to the app as your main recording platform was one thing that gave me the balls to try it too.

It took me a few weeks of getting my workflow down, just getting used to the apps etc., for me to say "Right, this is it" and put my laptop with ProTools on it in it's bag and use Auria exclusively.

I cannot believe that was 2 years ago next month, the time just rips by anymore and every year my ass has a birthday it seems to get faster. I am totally happy for you brother, beautiful set up...and the fact it's on a boat makes it all the more badass.

Love the LA-2A and the Mackie desk sets it off so well. Is that a Chandler EMI rack unit under what appears to be a Dangerous Audio piece of gear?

All the best, be cool...J
Thanks so much. First off I moved from my sailboat after my heart attack and purchased a little house. Sorry to let that vision of the boat dissapear but this studio is in my little house although I admit there are still times I hear the ocean calling me. Yes that is the Chandler Abby Road Edition EMI TG Passive channel and yes a Dangerous Bax Eq. Cheers

JRSIV
Expert

Post by JRSIV » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Thanks so much. First off I moved from my sailboat after my heart attack and purchased a little house. Sorry to let that vision of the boat dissapear but this studio is in my little house although I admit there are still times I hear the ocean calling me. Yes that is the Chandler Abby Road Edition EMI TG Passive channel and yes a Dangerous Bax Eq. Cheers
Anthony sorry to hear about your health issue brother. I got put on high blood pressure medication recently after some weird stuff with my health, reminding me again to live life & carpe diem...hope you're well now.

The new studio & the former on the boat look similar (a lot of same equipment, etc) but I really dig this setup. Wish we had the Chandler & UA stuff as plugins! I see the success Fab Filter has had on Auria and pray some of the other big VST/Virtual Instrument companies made plugs for Auria Pro too.
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones