Bluetooth

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Gooner

Bluetooth

Post by Gooner » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:44 am

Hello,

I have a question about linking two iPads via Bluetooth and working on the same project as described in the manual.

Brief description of our set up at the moment....we have mics for 2 vocals, bass, 2 guitars, kick drum, snare/high hat and keyboards are di'd into our mixing desk with the direct outs feeding an 18i8 into Auria on an iPad. We are very new to recording mixing and Auria. Impressed so far.

I saw in the manual that you can Bluetooth two iPads together to expand your capabilities.

1. Has anyone done this?

2. Can you/is it easy to save the mix onto both iPads so that both copies can be worked on independently away from the practice room.

3. Do both need the same version of Auria?

Hopefully someone here can shed some light onto this. The iPad is a great machine but moving files around can be a bit convoluted at times.

rickwaugh
Expert

Re: Bluetooth

Post by rickwaugh » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:41 pm

I didn't even know you could do that, and am at a loss to understand why you would? Unless it gives you the ability to have two people working a the same time?

Gooner

Post by Gooner » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:13 am

rickwaugh wrote:I didn't even know you could do that, and am at a loss to understand why you would? Unless it gives you the ability to have two people working a the same time?
"With AuriaLink, two separate iPads running Auria can connect and sync via Bluetooth, enabling two separate projects (one per iPad) in sync, doubling the total number of tracks available. The two projects will play in sync, plus the Edit windows will be intelligently linked so that the transports, scrolling, zooming, and resizing tracks will occur on both devices simultaneously.
Setting up AuriaLink is nearly identical to WIST:
1. On the first device tap open the Settings window
2. Under Device Linking select AuriaLink
3. Tap Connect
4. The iPad will attempt to connect to any nearby iOS devices through Bluetooth.
5. A list of available devices will open, and then tap the desired slave device
6. A confirmation window will open on the second (slave) device
7. Confirm the AuraLink request on the slave device
8. The two devices are now connected via AuriaLink"

wigglelights
Expert

Post by wigglelights » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:13 am

If I understand this feature correctly, it's designed to overcome the hardware limitations on the iPad. I.e. I recall Auria was originally specced to handle 48 audio tracks, and this would allow for 96 on two iPads.
This feature only syncs the transports and views on the two iPads, and does not transfer audio between them.

Gooner

Post by Gooner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:31 am

Thanks for that, I also found a post in the archives of this forum that explains it's operation similarly.