How to copy/paste transient makers

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jimhenry
Expert

How to copy/paste transient makers

Post by jimhenry » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:05 am

Hi folks,

Wondering if it's possible to copy transient markers from, say, a click track and paste to a different, non-midi track. Not sure if it's possible or not but I can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, jh

Ps. The fact that it says "expert" under my name and I don't know how it got there or how to change it proves that I am no expert.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: How to copy/paste transient makers

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:43 am

Strange as it sounds I can copy transient markers but there is no paste function that I can find. When Transient markers are copied there should be the option to paste otherwise why copy a transient marker if you can't paste it anywhere. Good one for Rim to check out. Cheers.

Edit I forgot about the midi. Its early here.
Last edited by Anthony Alves on Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimhenry
Expert

Post by jimhenry » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:00 am

I think it may only copy to a midi track but that's what I'm trying to determine...

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:17 am

Yes you can copy the transient markers to a midi track but it doesn't appear to be able to copy the markers to another audio track. This is probably because audio files and audio recorded performances vary greatly in the attack of each instrument. You can set Auria to automatically set transient markers when importing audio or after recording a track. This way the transients are for that specific audio and then you can actually quantize the audio track to the mapped tempo of the Project. You will get better results this way and now I think I know why this feature is not included. If it made sense I think Rim would have included it. So no I don't think this is a needed feature. There is an easy way to transfer manually the transient marker from a track by using the advance LR arrows located to the right of the screen. Placing the time line marker where the next transient is. Then tap the other track and choose add transient marker. I think there should be an icon that represents this function on the top editor row. Cheers

jimhenry
Expert

Post by jimhenry » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:02 pm

thanks for chatting with me anthony-

what i'd like to do is copy the transients from the click track to an acoustic guitar track. that way i can use warp function to line up some of the out of time strums with the click.

auto quantize doesn't seem to deal with acoustic guitars very well. and when i add transients to the guitar there are either too many or too few. to go in to add/subtract transient lines takes for ever. if i could copy from the click track it would be a simple matter to then see which hits are out of time then quickly fix them.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:25 pm

use higher settings when quantizing high numbers of transients in a track. I use 64th for guitar and piano and that seems to work pretty good. I just keep raising the quantizing until I don't get that warning that it can't quantize all the notes. Try that some time and let me know if it fixes your quantization problem. Cheers.