Drum session stems export

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

charlie49
Expert

Drum session stems export

Post by charlie49 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:52 am

Morning all
Every time I export the drum session stem kit to Auria for separate tracks the track orientation is all over the place and everything is out of sync. Am I doing it wrong or is this a problem with drum session? Or Auria?

charlie49
Expert

Re: Drum session stems export

Post by charlie49 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:42 am

I have tried this with Cubasis too and the same thing happens, none of the tracks line up and all drums are randomly spread across the songs. Does anybody else have Drum Session and do you have any trouble, sure there are a lot of owners in the Auria fraternity

wigglelights
Expert

Re: Drum session stems export

Post by wigglelights » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:59 am

Charlie
If I'm following your description correctly....

The issue is the tempo settings in the two apps (DS and Auria/Cubasis) are not matching. I.e. DS was exported at 96bpm, and your daw project is at 120bpm for instance....

Many commercially available loops include extra data that says "my tempo is 120 and I am 2 bars long". In this case Auria can automatically time stretch the loop to match the project. However, this info does not seem to be being created by DS.

Solutions are kinda defendant on how you are working.
Are you starting in DS and wanting to add more in Auria? In this case I'd recommend making a new project in Auria with the tempo you are using in DS.
Are you adding DS stems to an existing Auria project? You could either set DS to match the project tempo prior to export, or you can manually Time Stretch your imported stems to match the tempo.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/auria.store/do ... pdf#page64

HTH