Auria constantly crashing

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ErrkaPetti
Expert

Re: Auria constantly crashing

Post by ErrkaPetti » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:29 am

It seems to be compact silents from Wavemachine Labs here :-(

For me it is a little more stable with my big iPad Pro and the things I playing with into Auria Pro...

Midi is sometimes buggy, although it is useful, and can be bounce as soon you've ready with a track...

Biggest problem is Apples technology around IAA, there is problem, big problems...
I avoid as long as can to use IAA into Auria Pro... Audiobus together with AUM can sometimes be a solution for avoiding IAA...

All together, Auria Pro is something special on iOS, and the other competitors has long way to go if they wants to be better than Auria Pro with the amazing plugin system from Fabfilter and PSP (and a few more)...

I hope that we together can give Rim (the head developer) more resources (money) so he can put this thing forward into the future...

Love Auria Pro...

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:48 pm

I think Rim's having a much needed rest after what I can only assume was a very testing launch for Auria Pro. Hopefully 2017 will see a vigorous return to the iOS quest for a robust and modern DAW. With any luck Apple will introduce MIDI latency 4096 samples, phase out IAA and make AU a format that can provide a stable platform for the future.

Most DAW's took a long time to fine tune their MIDI implementation so it's early days as far as I can see for iOS and Auria Pro.

Current list of AU plugins for those interested:

INSTRUMENT PLUGINS
BASSalicious (MIDIculous LLC)
CMP Grand Piano (Christian Shoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte)
Enkl monophonic synth (Klevgränd Produktion AB)
FM Essentials (Yamaha)
Heavy Brass (Crudebyte)
iSEM (Arturia)
iSymphonic Orchestra (Crudebyte)
iVCS3 (apeSoft)
Jussi - Vocal Synthesizer (Klevgränd Produktion AB)
KQ MiniSynth (Ryouta Kira)
NS1 (Nikolozi Pty Ltd)
Oriental Strings (Christian Shoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte)
Pads - Lush Pad Synth (Klevgränd Produktion AB)
Phasemaker (Bram Bros)
Phonem (Wolfgang Palm PPG)
Poison-202 (Dmitrij Pavlov)
Ruismaker (Bram Bros)
Ruismaker FM (Bram Bros)
Sensual Sax (Embertone)
SwarPlug (Swar Systems)
Tines (Klevgränd Produktion AB)
Turbosounds for Accordian (Reinhard Rieder)
Viking Synth (Blamsoft, Inc.)
WaveGenerator (Wolfgang Palm PPG)
WaveMapper (Wolfgang Palm PPG)

EFFECT PLUGINS
6144 equalizer by DDMF (Christian Siedschlag)
apeDelay (apeSoft)
apeFilter (apeSoft)
AudioEffX (VirSyn)
AudioMaster Pro (Future Moments)
AudioVerb (VirSyn)
Buttercup Bitcrush (Timothy Barraclough)
DC-9 Overdrive (Blamsoft, Inc.)
Envelope AU Reverb by DDMF (Christian Siedschlag)
Esspresso de-esser (Klevgränd Produktion AB)
F-16 Filter (Blamsoft, Inc.)
frekvens (Erik Sigth)
Haaze- Stereo Tool (Klevgränd Produktion AB)
Korvpressor (Klevgränd Produktion AB)
Lofionic Duplicat (Chris Rivers)
MicSwap (Future Moments)
MicSwap Pro (Future Moments)
Phlox Phaser (Timothy Barraclough)
PressIt multiband compressor (Klevgränd Produktion AB)
Remaster (Audioforge Labs Inc.)
Resampler (Blamsoft, Inc.)
RF-1 (Kai Aras)
RP-1 (Kai Aras)
SquashIt (Klevgränd Produktion AB)
Svep phaser, flanger, chorus (Klevgränd Produktion AB)
Voice Rack: FX (TC-Helicon)
Zero Chorus (Blamsoft, Inc.)
Zero Reverb (Blamsoft, Inc.)
zMors EQ (mobile only)

Keep up to date with iOS AU plugins here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1704410769839550/

Rudo
Expert

Post by Rudo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:47 am

Denzkps wrote:
Lonelypunk wrote:Thanks for your input mate. I guess I'm not the only one having issues then. It's a shame as auria seems so promising but I really don't wanna go down the road of spending hours on a project only to not be able to open it. It really wouldn't be funny if I hired a studio and recorded a band only to not be able to open the project because I tried a different synth in sampletank or whatever..
When you will use SampleTank try it from audiobus
And you can find some info in this topic
http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14868
It's a bug of SampleTank because Cubasis has same CPU overloud when SampleTank used
Is there not a way to make auria pro work with sampletank without using audiobus? It did work before, but no when I select sampletank as IAA or als core midi instrument, auria freezes and I have to restart Auria pro and it works untill I try to use sampletank.

In the ikmultimedia forum I asked if there are any settings to make it work, but they are not very responsive in that forum, so I hope someone can help me here.

ErrkaPetti
Expert

Post by ErrkaPetti » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:14 am

Rudo wrote:
Denzkps wrote:
Lonelypunk wrote:Thanks for your input mate. I guess I'm not the only one having issues then. It's a shame as auria seems so promising but I really don't wanna go down the road of spending hours on a project only to not be able to open it. It really wouldn't be funny if I hired a studio and recorded a band only to not be able to open the project because I tried a different synth in sampletank or whatever..
When you will use SampleTank try it from audiobus
And you can find some info in this topic
http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14868
It's a bug of SampleTank because Cubasis has same CPU overloud when SampleTank used
Is there not a way to make auria pro work with sampletank without using audiobus? It did work before, but no when I select sampletank as IAA or als core midi instrument, auria freezes and I have to restart Auria pro and it works untill I try to use sampletank.

In the ikmultimedia forum I asked if there are any settings to make it work, but they are not very responsive in that forum, so I hope someone can help me here.
I can't crash Auria Pro in conjuctions with Sampletank 2.x on my iPad Pro 12.9" with iOS 10.1.1...

For me it's stable with Sampletank 2 thru IAA as an insert effect...
Please, tell us how you set up your Auria Pro & Sampletank to use it together...

Rudo
Expert

Post by Rudo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:14 am

Thanks for your reply

I've written some tracks but from one track I want to use a sound of sampletank, so I select sampletank as IAA and then nothing happens, everything freezes and Auria pro needs to be shut down.
When Intry to use Sampletank as core midi (this worked for me before) I first start Sampletank and then I try to select sampletank in de midi channel strip, but that makes it freeze also.

I have an ipad air2, everything is updated to latest version.

ErrkaPetti
Expert

Post by ErrkaPetti » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:00 pm

Rudo wrote:Thanks for your reply

I've written some tracks but from one track I want to use a sound of sampletank, so I select sampletank as IAA and then nothing happens, everything freezes and Auria pro needs to be shut down.
When Intry to use Sampletank as core midi (this worked for me before) I first start Sampletank and then I try to select sampletank in de midi channel strip, but that makes it freeze also.

Ok... Thanks for an answer...

If you make an Audiotrack and choose Sampletank 2.x as an Insert Effects in the FX sections, what's happen then?

Rudo
Expert

Post by Rudo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:10 am

ErrkaPetti wrote:
Rudo wrote:Thanks for your reply

Ok... Thanks for an answer...

If you make an Audiotrack and choose Sampletank 2.x as an Insert Effects in the FX sections, what's happen then?
And suddenly it all works. I tries out other synths through IAA (Nave, BS-16, synthmaster) they all didn't Work. I switched to Cubasis to see if it worked there, but no luck either. So I switched back again and it all works like a charm.

Rudo
Expert

Post by Rudo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:51 am

Yesterday the same problems again with Sampletank, but I found out where the problem is. Sampletank works fine except when I want to use sounds from American Acoustic, then Auria Pro freezes, or shuts down by itself and never starts the project up again.

I am gonna complain at iKmultimedi about this problem.

Rudo

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:59 am

Rudo wrote:Yesterday the same problems again with Sampletank, but I found out where the problem is. Sampletank works fine except when I want to use sounds from American Acoustic, then Auria Pro freezes, or shuts down by itself and never starts the project up again.

Rudo
I had the same problem with American Acoustic in SP. The workaround is to use Audiobus instead of IAA.

Rudo
Expert

Post by Rudo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:35 am

richardyot wrote:
Rudo wrote:Yesterday the same problems again with Sampletank, but I found out where the problem is. Sampletank works fine except when I want to use sounds from American Acoustic, then Auria Pro freezes, or shuts down by itself and never starts the project up again.

Rudo
I had the same problem with American Acoustic in SP. The workaround is to use Audiobus instead of IAA.
Oké, Thanks! I will try that!

mollybloom
Expert

Post by mollybloom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:52 am

Sadly, I have to agree; after two days full work with Auria I count my blessings everytime something does NOT cause a crash/a track to suddenly misalign/an audio section missing/a midi track fudgin up its timings etc/the CPU to be almost torn to pieces even though all tracks are frozen etc. I would so much love for this ipad studio thing to work (heck, I even bought an ipad pro for that purpose), but I must say that I am beginning to have my sincere doubts as to the feasibility of developing an actual functioning workflow, at least with Auria.

does anyone know if the other DAW-options for this platform are just as unstable/contingent in their behavior?

Jmcmillan

Post by Jmcmillan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:37 am

I like the ipad studio for portability and quiet operation (no fans). But I'm on the fence on Auria Pro. I really like the mixing and plugin options as I think you could go really far with it. I'm just waiting to invest until some more operation bugs are worked out.

I have had the same MIDI track misalignemt (I reported this in the Bug Report area, with a work around if interested), random crashes, and CPU overload warnings (with two tracks running!), so it pains me to work around the bugs, even though it's possible.

So my thoughts:
1. switch to a PC. I would have to buy a PC...and then the software and plugin prices are much more! But less work flow hassles I think.
2. Give up on Auria and use Cubasis. But Cubasis plugins are not so good, so would have to buy extra plugins (so why not just buy them in Auria)
3. Give up on Auria and use Garage Band. It just got a nice update in the app store yesterday
4. Combine DAW apps and not use one exclusively

I like Option 4, use Cubasis for rough audio and Midi track arranging, and a little mixing. Then, if needed, transfer to Auria for more advanced mixing and mastering.

If Auria gets the MIDI, crashing bugs worked out, I would probably phase Cubasis out completely.

Again, I love Auria Pro and want to use it exclusively (and still do use it!). But the buginess get's to me...just my 2 cents...

mollybloom
Expert

Post by mollybloom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:03 am

Thx for the reply -- and actually, I've been thinking about moving to Cubasis, but it just hurts so much with the stuff I've already bought in Auria :-(

Is Cubasis less buggy in both midi- and normal flow (i.e. less crashes, less unreasonable CPU load due to classicverb on one track, less random misalignment of tracks etc.)? And how much does it cost to upgrade the Cubasis effects to useable ones?

(sorry for spamming you, I'm just pretty sick of music making turning into looking at frozen ipad screens)

Jmcmillan

Post by Jmcmillan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:45 am

No problem! I'm in a struggle to find a work flow on an iPad, so I like to hear all the opinions.

I have purchased Saturn, Twin 2 presets (all). I am still on the fence with Auria, so waiting on pulling the trigger on PRO Q and PRO C. PRO R looks cool too. So I'm not in as deep money wise, but it still hurts to leave it behind, considering the time invested :)

Cubasis effects packages are $7 each. There are 2. They are pretty good. I'm considering purchasing AU plug in effects, but still waiting to find a good workflow before spending money.

I don't have enough experience with Cubasis, but I heard from reading forums that there is an UNDO bug that is annoying. I have worked a little with MIDI and Audio and never had a track misalignment issue.

Hope that helps. I'm not pushing Auria to the side permanently, just keeping it "simmering" while I check out Cubasis. I still think Auria is the way to go, just want to easy my frustration with the bugs.

mollybloom
Expert

Post by mollybloom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:48 am

Thanks so much for this advice! And if Auria facilitated an actual workflow, all its options (measured against its relative ease of use when it doesnt crash/screw things up) would be amazing and I would look no further. I just can't waste more time staring at a screen that bars me from doing even the most basic tasks without hiccups.

...i also just checked out the new garageband; it looks more fun than ever!