Stereo Widening Effect?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

PUMP
Expert

Stereo Widening Effect?

Post by PUMP » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:28 pm

Is there a chance we might get a plug in for this to where I could do complete mastering in Auria instead of having to go outside to final touch?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Stereo Widening Effect?

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:59 am

Stereo field is limited to the stereo pan law. In other words you can only pan a track so far and thats it. However what a stereo enhancer does is bring out the sides of a stereo mix by raising only the side level not the mid. You can do this using ProQ by simply placing the plugin into mid/side mode. Ad an instance and set to side and raise the gain and set the frequency of the sound you wish to widen. You will now have a widening effect. There may be other stereo widening apps that you could plug into Auria that are less cpu intensive but remember all daws need plugins to do this and Auria is no different. PsP audioware makes a great one and maybe they will port that to Auria soon. They actually have a few tools we could use. I will contact them to see if they are willing to do that. Cheers.

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:55 am

'Haaze' by Klevgränd is a Stereo Tool. Available in the App Store, and a great thing about it is, it is AUv3. ;)

https://appsto.re/gb/E_xGfb.i

Check it out!

King

Added: Another (specific stereo tool) is available, but not AU - YET! - ..
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

skiphunt

Post by skiphunt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:38 pm

I haven't experimented with this yet because I just bought ProQ2... but it has a preset for enhancing the the stereo field. I played with it a little bit and it looked like it might be potentially even better than the Final Touch option.

PUMP
Expert

Post by PUMP » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:17 pm

Sweet thanks everybody! Let me know if PSP will port it I will buy it and let me know about the Pro Q2 I still have the first one.