Drum apps that record into separate channels?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

joshuach

Drum apps that record into separate channels?

Post by joshuach » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:18 pm

Hi all,
Im looking for a good drum app that will export into different channels, havent been able to find any specifics in the forums.
So, for example, if I have a kit Im using in the app, when i export (or use the app as a plug in) in Auria Pro it will put the kick on one track, the snare on another, etc etc. Im looking to have more control of each drum and be able to edit each piece of the kit, more like how you would traditionally mix a drum kit. The only example Ive been able to find is possibly the Drum Perfect app. Does anyone have any experience with this app? or know of any apps that have that feature or know of a simple way to achieve this with any of the Auria IAPs? I have the DM-1 and havent been able to find a way to do it through that app.
Any help is appreciated!!

Gary
Expert

Re: Drum apps that record into separate channels?

Post by Gary » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:58 pm

I recently found this ... hope it helps https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hizcwXxfeE0

ErrkaPetti
Expert

Post by ErrkaPetti » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:13 am

Happy christmas guys!

Shouldn't that be possible in the amazing drum app Patterning to arrange so at least you can split up the drums in 8 different tracks?

Check out Patterning, there's a lot power there...
You must enable MIDI Out natural...

Good luck!

DaveB
Expert

Post by DaveB » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:05 pm

Drum Session is supposed to be adding separate track export soon.

ErrkaPetti
Expert

Post by ErrkaPetti » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:40 am

ErrkaPetti wrote:Happy christmas guys!

Shouldn't that be possible in the amazing drum app Patterning to arrange so at least you can split up the drums in 8 different tracks?

Check out Patterning, there's a lot power there...
You must enable MIDI Out natural...

Good luck!
This morning I made a nice drumgroove in Patterning and tested out this "split into separated tracks" into Auria Pro...

If I understand the question right you're intrested in MIDI notes on separated tracks?

I set the individual drums on separate midichannels in Patterning and made eight miditracks in Auria Pro that listening on every separated drums going from Patterning into Auria Pro...

But, you maybe wants each separated tracks in wave (audio)?
That could certainly be done with Audiobus as a tool between Patterning and Auria Pro...

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:35 am

If you have the ability in the app to send different drums to different midi channels, it will work. If it all comes in the same midi channel, with different notes, you can use midiflow, another app. I have a drum pad that I play, it sends midi, each one a different note, but always on the same channel. So you capture that in midiflow, and send each different note out to Auria on a different channel. Works beautifully.

niallobrien

Post by niallobrien » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:24 pm

How are you sending the MIDI notes on the same channel out to their own outputs? Thanks.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:52 pm

Midiflow does that. It's a routing app. If for instance I had 4 different drums coming in on one channel, each drum is a different note. I set up four different routes in midiflow, each one looking for a particular note, and route that out to a different channel. Works great.

niallobrien

Post by niallobrien » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:04 pm

That's awesome, I'd no idea you could do that! Thanks.
rickwaugh wrote:Midiflow does that. It's a routing app. If for instance I had 4 different drums coming in on one channel, each drum is a different note. I set up four different routes in midiflow, each one looking for a particular note, and route that out to a different channel. Works great.

joshuach

Post by joshuach » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Thanks for all the input! I have Drum Perfect and that seems to work pretty good, Ill have to mess with it a bit more. Does any one know of any other drum apps that send the midi to separate channels?
Ill also look into midiflow, sounds like it might be the fix all. Im just surprised its so hard to find drum apps that send to separate tracks, I would think thats how everyone would want to do it.

niallobrien

Post by niallobrien » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:21 pm

There's an update to Drum Session on the way that will include MIDI and audio stem exporting.