ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Kites
Expert

Re: ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

Post by Kites » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Geoff.B wrote:Is there a way to arm Auria for Audio recording and trigger the record head to start when a signal is heard? I have an OP-1 that I send to an audio interface through the Caner Connection Kit into Auria. Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
Late response, and maybe you've figured it out. I track an OP-1 and other similar gear in sync with Auria Pro pretty often, but it's usually through USB/5-Pin MIDI configured with my iconnectAudio4+. What interface are you using, is USB sync not working with Auria and your OP-1? Perhaps you're limited on your interface connections or you need to record in an analog way for a particular reason, but there's always the Punch-in and Punch-out settings in Auria.

Or maybe you're trying to sync with trigger pulses and with the new Pocket Opertaor Sync mode with latest OP-1 version update? :)

Geoff.B

Post by Geoff.B » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Kites wrote:
Geoff.B wrote:Is there a way to arm Auria for Audio recording and trigger the record head to start when a signal is heard? I have an OP-1 that I send to an audio interface through the Caner Connection Kit into Auria. Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
Late response, and maybe you've figured it out. I track an OP-1 and other similar gear in sync with Auria Pro pretty often, but it's usually through USB/5-Pin MIDI configured with my iconnectAudio4+. What interface are you using, is USB sync not working with Auria and your OP-1? Perhaps you're limited on your interface connections or you need to record in an analog way for a particular reason, but there's always the Punch-in and Punch-out settings in Auria.

Or maybe you're trying to sync with trigger pulses and with the new Pocket Opertaor Sync mode with latest OP-1 version update? :)
Thanks for getting back to me kites. I'm using a budget audio interface Behringer U-control. There seems to be no kind of sync through it from OP-1 at all! I can record audio into Auria no probs, but can't see a way to record in sync with the tempo. My timing is not great and I want to be able to record in much the same way as the OP-1 in tape mode, where you can arm the record head to start when a loop or sequencer is triggered from the op-1. Is this possible? The Auria punch in/out seems to work with a rolling play head only, so you still have to manually time the op-1 to start on the bar. Would a better audio interface, like the iconnect4 achieve this?

Kites
Expert

Post by Kites » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:48 am

Geoff.B wrote:
Kites wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me kites. I'm using a budget audio interface Behringer U-control. There seems to be no kind of sync through it from OP-1 at all! I can record audio into Auria no probs, but can't see a way to record in sync with the tempo. My timing is not great and I want to be able to record in much the same way as the OP-1 in tape mode, where you can arm the record head to start when a loop or sequencer is triggered from the op-1. Is this possible? The Auria punch in/out seems to work with a rolling play head only, so you still have to manually time the op-1 to start on the bar. Would a better audio interface, like the iconnect4 achieve this?
I see, so you're not actually using the OP-1's USB cable connected to anything for MIDI. And, your CCK to your iPad is being used up for your U-Control which is fine just for audio, but if you want both audio and midi you'll need to upgrade your interface. It's the easiest way at least. Check out the iconnectaudio2+ which is cheaper than the 4 if your just starting off and also check out our OP-1 forum if you're not a member yet https://www.operator-1.com.

At the moment you can still sync up your OP-1 with Auria via USB>CCK>Ipad (switch to SYNC mode on OP-1) but you'll need another interface to route the audio back in. Let me know if you need help, or check the op-1 forum too.

PUMP
Expert

Post by PUMP » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:49 am

Ok guys this is getting really frustrating I have a couple of projects doing this now. I put my drums into subgroups and they work just fine thing when I put my chorus into a subgroup it registers as being in there but the plug ins have no effect on them at all. I had one project where subgroup 2 wouldn't work but I could put them in subgroup 3 and be fine I have another project subgroup 1 on the drums is the only thing working right none of the other subgroups aren't working at all. I'm using an iPad Pro 12.9 Auria Pro latest update any clue????

Geoff.B

Post by Geoff.B » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Kites wrote:
Geoff.B wrote:
Kites wrote:

I see, so you're not actually using the OP-1's USB cable connected to anything for MIDI. And, your CCK to your iPad is being used up for your U-Control which is fine just for audio, but if you want both audio and midi you'll need to upgrade your interface. It's the easiest way at least. Check out the iconnectaudio2+ which is cheaper than the 4 if your just starting off and also check out our OP-1 forum if you're not a member yet https://www.operator-1.com.

At the moment you can still sync up your OP-1 with Auria via USB>CCK>Ipad (switch to SYNC mode on OP-1) but you'll need another interface to route the audio back in. Let me know if you need help, or check the op-1 forum too.
Thanks so much! At least I understand the limitations of my current system. Thought I had all unneeded the the U-control, but I guess these more trial and error with this audio business that I realised! Will Defo join the OP-1 forums too. Thanks again.

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:20 pm

Mikearnett2003 wrote:First time using IPad and Auria but I have used others before. Using Behringer Air X18, and IPad Pro model # ML0N2LL/A
IOS 9.2.1 (13d15). I follow Auria directions on set up and I just does not let me assign channels through the input matrix could not figure out Auria version. If it helps I just downloaded it from the App Store this Saturday

How does the ipad pro fit in the given space could you upload a picture sir?

James RS

Post by James RS » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:52 am

Hello
New user of Auria Pro, My goal is to use this in a live environment. I have a Behringer X32 and A IPad Pro, I purchased the camera kit and a powered sub hub.It hooked up and saw the x32, problem is when I went to record it recorded but when I stopped it said processing transients. And then there was nothing, I wasn't clipping anywhere and I was recording 18 tracks, any ideas?

PUMP
Expert

Post by PUMP » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:18 am

Hello still having subgroupproblems almost a month now where are you at

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:26 am

What kind of problems are you having with the subgroups?

Rim

PUMP
Expert

Post by PUMP » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:36 pm

I just figured it out. The problem was I was grouping my drums and everything was fine then when I went to group backing vocals the plug ins wouldn't work. Come to find out when I switch to use the 64 bit mixer in the middle of the project the plugins won't work in the subgroups and side chaining compression with a bassline and the bass drum is also impossible. Once I switched the 64 bit mixer back off everything worked fine again. So now I'm gonna begin the same project in a new project (if that makes sense lol) with the 64 bit mixer on before I do anything to make sure that is the problem. I have another problem also is the auto scan transients option killing my first kick drum when I import my kick drum track from AudioCopy? By the way congrats on being named one of the runner up daws by computer music I left logic and pro tools for Auria so keep up the good work!!!!

Nashbash

Post by Nashbash » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm new to Auria
Is it possible to export stems in Auria. I can't seem to find it
Thx

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:20 am

Yes, in the Mixdown screen, just choose "stems" as the file type (it's WAV by default, but it can be changed to stems).

Rim

PUMP
Expert

Post by PUMP » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:36 pm

After doing quite a few tests in both 96k and 44.1 with the 64bit mix engine turned on I can not use side chaining with the fabfilter compressor

Sullycaster

Post by Sullycaster » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:17 am

I'm having some serious, stressing out trouble. My update to Pro went fine, all of my projects moved over, and I have a more powerful iPad; everything great so far. BUT, when I record, I get sound, all of the levels are moving, in the waveform page it is writing a waveform as I record; but when I hit stop or play to end recording--everything I just recorded disappears! I re-read the manual--I've gone through and double checked my setting on my iPad, but it still won't keep a recording. I'm using a Focusrite iTrack Dock for my interface--there isn't any complications there-I'm obviously getting a signal into the app. I really need some help--I need to send some demos to my drummer.
Thanks for your help,
Steve

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:02 am

One thing to check - make sure Auto Punch is not enabled. This is in the transport menu.

Rim