Livid Minim Bluetooth controller doesn't record notes

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ceshew
Expert

Livid Minim Bluetooth controller doesn't record notes

Post by ceshew » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:53 pm

Hello,
I received my Minim Bluetooth MIDI controller ( http://lividinstruments.com ) and I love this little guy for adding quick parts on the go. I've been testing it out with Auria Pro and I can play instruments, including Lyra and others but when I try to record what I'm playing, no MIDI notes get recorded. I went and tested it in Cubasis and it works fine over there. I have tried numerous settings but nothing seems to work. Any idea what I should try in order to get this controller to work in Auria Pro?

Thanks! --Charlie

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Livid Minim Bluetooth controller doesn't record notes

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:41 am

We don't have one of those here, but the MicroKey Air I use works fine and records under Auria. Have you tried with a new project?

Rim

ceshew
Expert

Post by ceshew » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:47 am

Hi Rim
Yes, I have tried it on new projects and different iPads and the behavior is the same. Like I said, the Minim plays sounds just fine on a track using Lyra or IAA apps but when I hit record, no notes get recorded. I have tried changing multiple parameters that would normally pertain to making things speak to each other properly to no avail. Any ideas? This little unit is new on the scene but I expect it will become very popular because of its size.

ceshew
Expert

Post by ceshew » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:35 pm

Rim, I did some more testing to try to get this to work. I set the input on the MIDI track in Auria Pro to "Livid Minim Bluetooth" rather than "All" and the MIDI channel to channel 1 (the channel it's outputting on) rather than "All". I then tried recording a string of notes to Lyra on a track and they recorded this time but all notes came in at the same time rather than in sequence. I'm attaching the project for you to check out.
Attachments
Test Minim 2.Project.zip
This is the file from Minim recording
(28.8 KiB) Downloaded 308 times

ceshew
Expert

Post by ceshew » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:01 am

Hi Rim, I am still trying to get this Bluetooth controller to work with Auria Pro. Do you have any suggestions for settings that will allow the notes that this is sending to be recorded? I have recommended this device to other people along with Auria Pro and they are having the same issues. We can see input coming from the device and it is triggering the sound source on the track, whether it's Lyra or an IA plugin. When we hit record, either no notes are recorded or else they are all stacked up on top of each other at one point on the timeline.

Can you give some suggestions as to why we are seeing this behavior?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 am

I just emailed Livid to try and work with them and see what may be going wrong here.

-Corey

ceshew
Expert

Post by ceshew » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Thanks Corey! Let me know what you find out. The other people that I recommended these products to have moved to Cubasis because the Minim works fine over there but we all like Auria Pro more. Hopefully we can get this worked out.

ceshew
Expert

Post by ceshew » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Hey Corey and Rim, have you guys figured out anything about this issue yet? I was hoping that the new update would fix this issue but it didn't. All MIDI notes recorded on a track still end up all at the same position on the timeline. I'm really hoping you guys can figure this out and get a fix for this as I'm going on the road for 20 days and really want to use this little controller with Auria Pro while I'm gone. I don't want to have to use Cubasis any more with this! Thanks

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:06 am

I got a copy of Auria Pro to one of the engineers at Livid a little over a month ago and have yet to hear anything back. I will email him now to see if they have an update.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:30 am

Well, all of my emails to Livid are getting bounced back. Their website also appears to be down. Looking at some of their social media pages, it appears that anyone who ordered products directly from Livid recently are not receiving them. Unfortunately, something strange is going on with Livid and without a Minim in-house to look at, there is nothing we can do.