Unable to load Fabfilter Synths

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Mal

Unable to load Fabfilter Synths

Post by Mal » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:14 am

Hi, I've gone for the upgrade to pro to access the fabfilter synths but they won't load. I only have options for Lyra instruments which load fine and then the section heading for FF in yellow but not even an init preset! I must be missing something and I've tried restore purchases several times. Still the same. Really annoying.
Attachments
IMG_0409.JPG

Mal

Re: Unable to load Fabfilter Synths

Post by Mal » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:05 am

I eventually found a demo that showed what is missing. How do I get presets to show up in instruments selection?
Attachments
IMG_0411.JPG

Yaroo

Post by Yaroo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:30 am

I have exactly the same issue. What is missing or what am I doing wrong?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:51 am

I'm not showing this here on my AuriaPro, every thing Fab loads and works. This may have something to do with how you migrated to AuriaPro. Could you explain how you upgraded or which upgrade method you used and from what Auria version ie Auria LE or Auria and from within the app or not. Rim may have to check out your migration process. Leave the AuriaPro version your using and iOS version and iPad type. Have you ever had the synths showing since your upgrade? Cheers let us know.

Mal

Post by Mal » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:03 am

Hi Anthony

Upgrade is LE to Auria a long time ago and then now to Pro in app. I'd updated Auria recently to current release. It's the same code base so all the upgrade does is unlock features :?:

I can load all of the effects like ProC and Saturn, just the in built synths are impossible to access. If I could get to them and save a preset I'd be good. Lyra works fine.

IOS 10.0.2
IPad Air

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:22 am

Mal wrote:Hi Anthony

Upgrade is LE to Auria a long time ago and then now to Pro in app. I'd updated Auria recently to current release. It's the same code base so all the upgrade does is unlock features :?:

I can load all of the effects like ProC and Saturn, just the in built synths are impossible to access. If I could get to them and save a preset I'd be good. Lyra works fine.

IOS 10.0.2
IPad Air
The reason you can load ProC and Fab FX is because they were available in previous versions of Auria before AuriaPro. The Fab Synths will only unlock in AuriaPro. I believe it is because your migrated first from LE to Auria then to Pro. Something is wrong with from where you upgraded to pro from. Apparently even if you migrated to Auria from LE , Apple still thinks you have LE so migrating to AuriaPro from Auria and not LE may have caused this problem. I expect Rim may confirm this. Lets wait for his input now. Cheers.

Mal

Post by Mal » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:47 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Mal wrote:Hi Anthony

IOS 10.0.2
IPad Air
The reason you can load ProC and Fab FX is because they were available in previous versions of Auria before AuriaPro. The Fab Synths will only unlock in AuriaPro. I believe it is because your migrated first from LE to Auria then to Pro. Something is wrong with from where you upgraded to pro from. Apparently even if you migrated to Auria from LE , Apple still thinks you have LE so migrating to AuriaPro from Auria and not LE may have caused this problem. I expect Rim may confirm this. Lets wait for his input now. Cheers.
Migrating from LE should make no difference and be the simplest path as advised by Rim in the manual, Apple have nothing to do with this apart from handling the payment and taking their 30%. Upgrading in-app should be seamless as it's controlled by the app dev, like in free to play games where you can play a level and then unlock the rest. Here I'm stuck, I've paid the upgrade but the unlock mechanism is broken. It's a mess, I was trying to avoid problems, not find bugs.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:47 pm

If you upgraded to Pro from LE and you can't see the built-in synths, this can be caused by a corrupted upgrade process. The only solution is to delete Auria completely from your iPad, then re-install Auria LE again, and do the upgrade to Pro from within the Auria store.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:32 am

@Rim, thanks for clearing this thread up. I was sure it was Mal who migrated improperly or had a corrupt upgrade path. Good to know I'm not going crazy. Good luck Mal with you upgrade to Pro. Your gonna love those synths.

Mal

Post by Mal » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:36 am

Thanks guys, will give it a go when I get home this evening. What is the best way to backup old projects? I'm well over my Dropbox limit. iTunes backup or with iFunBox?

Mal

Post by Mal » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Got it sorted, weird, took a few goes of 'Restore Purchases' to get everything back but now in full Pro mode with all plugs, happy days :D